Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

I dropped in a girlfriend yesterday, I sold her some Coro and silver laced Wyandotte last spring. She decided to take one of the SLW cockerels I had. My what a beautiful roo he has become. I was always worried that he would have a ' not so good comb ' like his dad, but he has a lovely rose comb. The girls looked right at home amoungst the gums and sheep. So nice to see them looking so healthy.

Well the eggs have been put in hold. I doubt they are still viable, my baby girl has a broken leg so we are in Brisbane for treatment. Thoughest few days of my life and I'm not the one in traction :(

Aww
1f490.png
hope she recovers quickly.

Looks like my wry tailed boy is going today...trying not to feel bad but I can't keep two roos
sad.png
Sorry. Never easy. I bought some Black Jersey Giants from the feed store this spring. Just noticed last week that one of the pullets has wry tail. I am going to go ahead and cull her because I don't want her accidently bred and passing on the gene. My biggest concern is that the other 4- I bought may also have the gene and pass it onto their offspring. I don't breed them to sell, so I'll just deal with whatever happens next spring.

Back
Top Bottom