Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Good morning folks
frow.gif

I do have to chuckle, in the mornings I am still putting on the shorts and T-shirt to go out and feed the girls but hubby has on track suit pants, T-shirt, windcheater, socks and runners
lau.gif
Both he and his cat Syba are sooks when it comes to cooler weather and I do delight in calling them Frogs! Lol Funny thing is, hubby has lived in Canada and Tasmania; you would think he would have just a little tolerance for what he says is cold
wink.png

potato chip aaaw, that little girl is adorable! I love her colouring .. gimmeee! Lol

Hey satay sorry to hear that you may have nasties in the coop. I am not familiar with Maldison. With the mite infestation I had, I followed Fancy’s advice and went with alternating between Surface Spray and Yates Success Ultra. I do know that some do not like using Pestene as it may have been linked with Alzheimer’s but I do use it to dust the girls and the nest boxes if mites/lice are present. I just dusted the girls once and thoroughly cleaned and sprayed the coop/nest boxes for three weekends in a row and got them beaten.

I am so pleased that Miss Frizz is OK now .. she is so darn cute!

Last edited:
I have mixed luck with gumtree. Been selling a bed for my brother and had EIGHT! People say they would buy it and three of those even went as far as organising time to pick up etc. not one of them showed up or let me know they found something else. Finally sold it on eBay.

I've found some bargains on gumtree but the best ones always seem to be after I've given up and gone and bought whatever it was lol

Yeah gumtree can be a bit ' hit and miss ' . We had a shed clean out a few weeks ago and I'd say for every 5-6 calls we had 1 X person turn up . Sold most of it eventually . With eBay we seem to attract the scammers, most areas have a face book buy and sell now, found that to be a great way to get rid of second hand fridges and furniture. :)

Miss Frizz. Just after coming out from the heat light in the bathroom, later that afternoon and then about a few minutes before she jumped off the couch and took off down the back.

Your miracle girl. Just goes to show the importance of a heat lamp/infirmary for convalescence.

You did well and it seems she doesn't even realise she had a near death. It's a shame we can't interview her about her experience. She might have been running back to the pen away from the light.

A few months ago a friend wanted to look at some advertised pullets. While I was looking around - the seller told my friend she had had mareks a few years back. Ahhh it stays in the ground for years. You do have to be careful. I always change shoes after visiting other people chooks. You have to be careful.

You can never be too careful. I had to drop 3x pullets in town yesterday and with the wet weather I took my gumboots. The lady is a friend of mine and as the girls were frightened and didn't want to come out I had to walk into the run. Even though she is a friend , she has sourced birds from different people , so my gumboots will be soaked and then sprayed before I wear them anywhere on this property.

I agree with Fancy she is fine. A pretty girl too.
Thanks. I wasn't worried about her, just curious when I saw her wattle and its colour. She's got a little "beard" so they aren't visible normally.
I do have to chuckle, in the mornings I am still putting on the shorts and T-shirt to go out and feed the girls but hubby has on track suit pants, T-shirt, windcheater, socks and runners
I used to be the rugged up one, now I don't feel cold any more. I never put the doona on the bed and I don't think I've put on a jumper in years. And we're south compared to you. I can't imagine ever having to rug up in Brissie.

Quote:
nope, sorry :D

Well the fun never stops. Annabelle has worms, round worm. She was quiet when I let her out this morning, first bad sign. She didn't rush for her breakfast, second bad sign. Noticed she had a mucky bum, third bad sign. I checked where she slept, and sure enough in her poop (which was the sloppy one of course) was a worm. So everyone has had their tablets ( I LOVE the avitrol tablets, I can hide them in a piece of tomato), but Annabelle is still feeling ill. She was wormed at 6:30, and is still passing them. Guessing it'll take some time. She'll get a follow up dose in a fortnight as well of course. She's actually on the nest atm, trying to lay an egg. I wish she wasn't. I'll keep an eye on her, if she's still off tomorrow, we might go to the vets. Hasn't eaten much if anything, as drunk water though. She's mostly sleepy and quiet.

This is her (I don't have a close-up photo), as you can see she doesn't really have a comb, not a sticking-up comb, anyway. She's got tiny little flaps under her chin, and they are a mulberry colour. She's not acting the least bit unwell, I don't think she's hypoxic. I thought she was d'uccle/frizzle cross, but I don't really know, I'm not terribly interested in breeding.

Absolutely adorable! What a beautiful girl!

Hey Fizzybelle .. that sucks!
sad.png

Yeah, I have read that if they are actually pooping them, the worm infestation is large so I am not surprised she is feeling under the weather .. poor thing. Hopefully she will pick up soon.

Worms are one of the reasons I use ACV. While I know that it is not a wormer as such, it is reported to maintain a good pH balance in their digestive system and makes it a little uncomfortable for worms to live in so more of a hopeful preventative between the 6 month worming they get.

Your miracle girl. Just goes to show the importance of a heat lamp/infirmary for convalescence.

You did well and it seems she doesn't even realise she had a near death. It's a shame we can't interview her about her experience. She might have been running back to the pen away from the light.

She has her frizzy boyfriend down there and i think she really missed him. When i finally caught up with her back in her pen she was snuggled up beside him. I got them on the same day and they have never been apart since.

She has her frizzy boyfriend down there and i think she really missed him. When i finally caught up with her back in her pen she was snuggled up beside him. I got them on the same day and they have never been apart since.

Back
Top Bottom