Ballerinas!!šŸ©° (and other dancers šŸ˜)

Iā€™m so sorry for you :( that really sucks. I mean, I canā€™t imagine going to a local store or hospital and being called the wrong gender. UGH Iā€™m crying for you šŸ˜­šŸ˜­
As a bi/nb person I hate when people ask who I like (this is probably really common which sucks). Like I say ā€œIā€™m bi, soā€ and they say ā€œoh, so you like girls and guys?ā€ and I say ā€œwell yeahā€ and they say ā€œat the same time?ā€ I say ā€œno, I donā€™tā€ and they say ā€œwell do you like girls or guysā€ I say ā€œI just said, I like both.ā€ They say ā€œyou canā€™t do thatā€

literally itā€™s stupid how many (stupid) people I have to deal with who forget their own words (or are just plain rude or dumbfounded)

Iā€™m so sorry for you :( that really sucks. I mean, I canā€™t imagine going to a local store or hospital and being called the wrong gender. UGH Iā€™m crying for you šŸ˜­šŸ˜­
As a bi/nb person I hate when people ask who I like (this is probably really common which sucks). Like I say ā€œIā€™m bi, soā€ and they say ā€œoh, so you like girls and guys?ā€ and I say ā€œwell yeahā€ and they say ā€œat the same time?ā€ I say ā€œno, I donā€™tā€ and they say ā€œwell do you like girls or guysā€ I say ā€œI just said, I like both.ā€ They say ā€œyou canā€™t do thatā€

literally itā€™s stupid how many (stupid) people I have to deal with who forget their own words (or are just plain rude or dumbfounded)
Iā€™m also bi, and I feel your pain. I tell them I like guys on Mondays and girls all the other days of the week, and they just walk away confused.

Iā€™m also bi, and I feel your pain. I tell them I like guys on Mondays and girls all the other days of the week, and they just walk away confused.
Making sure that I'm clear on this: Being bi means that you are equally attracted to both genders, yes? I don't want to be thinking the wrong thing about how that works. Not trying to offend anybody, just trying to correct myself. I'm still struggling to train my brain to think in they/them pronouns, consciously I know that people identify as they/them, but unconsciously my brain still labels people as she/her or as he/him, even when I know that that isn't right. I'm trying, I swear. None of this post is meant to offend anybody, it's just me trying to clarify and make sure that I"m not thinking about things incorrectly. PLEASE set me straight if I'm wrong about any of this.

Last edited:
Making sure that I'm clear on this: Being bi means that you are equally attracted to both genders, yes? I don't want to be thinking the wrong thing about how that works. Not trying to offend anybody, just trying to correct myself. I'm still struggling to train my brain to think in they/them pronouns, consciously I know that people identify as they/them, but unconsciously my brain still labels people as she/her or as he/him, even when I know that that isn't right. I'm trying, I swear. None of this post is meant to offend anybody, it's just me trying to clarify and make sure that I"m not thinking about things incorrectly.
It doesnā€™t necessarily mean you like both sexes equally, it just means you feel sexual attraction to both sexes. Like, for example, I am more attracted to members of the female sex than I am to members of the male sex, but I still feel sexual attraction to both men and women. A lot of people think it means you like both sexes equally, even some bisexual people, so itā€™s a pretty common misconception. Some bisexual people do feel attracted to both sexes equally, but Iā€™m inclined to believe most of us are more attracted more to one than the other. :)

It doesnā€™t necessarily mean you like both sexes equally, it just means you feel sexual attraction to both sexes. Like, for example, I am more attracted to members of the female sex than I am to members of the male sex, but I still feel sexual attraction to both men and women. A lot of people think it means you like both sexes equally, even some bisexual people, so itā€™s a pretty common misconception. Some bisexual people do feel attracted to both sexes equally, but Iā€™m inclined to believe most of us are more attracted to one than the other. :)
Okay, thank you for fixing that for me! I didn't know that and now I do. Thanks for explaining, I really don't want to prop up any misconceptions or stereotypes.

Hey @black_cat that was really nice of you to ask, because so many people just have an idea in their head and assume itā€™s right. I also agree with @Ihavesomechickens i couldnā€™t put it a better way :)

also @Ihavesomechickens I should say that to people šŸ˜‚
Thank you! I would never want to hurt anyone with a misconception, so I try to set things right. Also, you said that you were non binary, yes? What are your pronouns? I don't want to be misgendering anyone either.

Thank you! I would never want to hurt anyone with a misconception, so I try to set things right. Also, you said that you were non binary, yes? What are your pronouns? I don't want to be misgendering anyone either.
X2
@eggsandhens, Are you comfortable telling us what pronouns you prefer? I know they/them arenā€™t the only pronouns non binary people use, and I would hate to accidentally use the incorrect pronouns.

Back
Top Bottom