A heat lamp...
wink.png

wpid-41MA0mdyk4LSL500.jpg

Or Hot Hands.
smile.png

superhothands%5B1%5D.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Well my Dutch friend Guido says maybe they're named after Jip and Janneke with Jip changed to Jette due to Jip being a boy. I would love to hear whether that's the case. Or if there's another story to find out about Jette. Thank you so much. I'm really looking forward to them.

Quote:
3 Salmon Faverolles & 3 Barnevelders
One of the Barnies just showed me the very early beginnings of a split comb, so he may have to stay home. There were only 3 Barnies total there last year, & he's so nice otherwise...
hu.gif
ETA: he's definitely out of the breeding program.
ETA 2: staying at http://www.hiexpress.com/hotels/us/en/lodi/lodes/hoteldetail although your place looks Very nice. I just added Friday night, which I didn't get at the show rate... they say it holds six & there are just two of us (son & I), so if anyone needs a spot to rest, let me know.

Last edited:
So I went out to take pics of the boys before they go. Here's a great shot of Marilyn.
Anyone wanna please confirm for me that Marilyn/Marlon really truly is a boy?

IMAG0802.jpg

And a closeup of the face:
IMAG0814.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Boy it's hard to tell from that pic. The hackle feathers sure look like a boy and the comb is sure red for such a young bird but I can't see the legs and I don't see pronounced saddle feathers. ???

Quote:
Boy it's hard to tell from that pic. The hackle feathers sure look like a boy and the comb is sure red for such a young bird but I can't see the legs and I don't see pronounced saddle feathers. ???

Hi Sunny:

What time are you coming over?

Well, Sunny just came and took Aubrey and Marlon. The boys are on their way to Reno. It seems so quiet here now. I miss the boys and DH is very sad, but we're also very relieved and happy thatthey're going somewhere with people who know chickens and will take great care of them. I'm really looking forward to seeing the beautiful babies that Aubrey makes next year with Sunny's hens. And I'm hoping to get a pullet or two from Marilyn's babies someday.

The BCM girls are cuddled up together now, preening their feathers. I know someday they'll be giving me great eggs. I just hope they don't feel too lonely without the boys. At least they've got each other.

Quote:
They are all tucked into their new temporary brooder. It's too dark to get pics now but I will try to get some tomorrow.
smile.png

They were perfect angels all the way home, even cooing and trilling for us to let us know they were happy. Such lovely boys these two are!

Quote:
Hi,
I only just read your post .. would have loved to have met, but I had a dental app't in S.F. @ 11:30 last Thurs. .... wonder why I haven't gotten any updates from this thread - guess I'll re-subscribe again?

Maybe next time! Let me know ... Western Farm will soon have their chick room open in March!

Stockton Show: I won't be able to make it on Saturday
barnie.gif
Not only do I have my high school reunion in S.F. that evening, my husband's Masonic Lodge scheduled an event earlier that day.
he.gif
Will there be much going on on Sunday morning at the Stockton Show, besides Cheryl showing her chickens?

Any other Spring/early Summer get togethers planned?

Thanks!
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom