BBS Marans 2.5 weeks gender guesses!

Thank you! I bought from a local breeder that has helped me get my colorful egg basket! I only have one Marans from her and was hoping to get a few that lay a heavy bloom which comes from her bbs Marans. Which is why I’d be happy even with one pullet from her bbs Marans line 🤞🏻

I’ve never heard of black silvers! And I hope you also get your blue copper Marans soon!

Attachments

• IMG_1678.jpeg
    IMG_1678.jpeg
    341 KB · Views: 16
Thank you! I bought from a local breeder that has helped me get my colorful egg basket! I only have one Marans from her and was hoping to get a few that lay a heavy bloom which comes from her bbs Marans. Which is why I’d be happy even with one pullet from her bbs Marans line 🤞🏻

I’ve never heard of black silvers! And I hope you also get your blue copper Marans soon!
Beautiful basket you have..

Black Silvers are..

1713741925473.png

Edited to add...Image is courtesy of Marans Chicken Club website.

4 weeks tomorrow what are your guesses? They all hatched on 3/25

First is my forest egger and is definitely a little cockerel.

Second is one of my Splash Marans

Third is my blue Marans

Fourth is my other splash Marans

I’m kind of torn on what my guesses are bc the first chick which is also their hatch mate and a mix from the same flock as the others began showing and growing his comb over a week ago. 🤔
The blue I'm still leaning cockerel, the first splash I think is for sure a pullet, and the last splash could go either way.

literally checking the brooder hourly looking for changes 👀 🤣

Attachments

• IMG_1843.jpeg
    IMG_1843.jpeg
    512.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1853.jpeg
    IMG_1853.jpeg
    355 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1871.jpeg
    IMG_1871.jpeg
    455 KB · Views: 6

Back