Black oil sunflower seeds

Canadian living on an island with no such luxuries lol
Hello fellow islander! Alaskan living on an island with no such luxuries as well šŸ˜† We're off-grid in the Alexander Archipelago so I mail order organic food (grains, seeds and vegetables) in bulk for ourselves and our animals, have a freeze dryer for long-term storage, although the majority of what we eat and feed comes from subsistence hunting, fishing, gardening and wild food harvesting. This is my homemade chicken feed - harvesting throughout spring, summer and fall to feed through the winter when there's nothing available free range.
IMG_20240707_193124_6.jpg

Hello fellow islander! Alaskan living on an island with no such luxuries as well šŸ˜† We're off-grid in the Alexander Archipelago so I mail order organic food (grains, seeds and vegetables) in bulk for ourselves and our animals, have a freeze dryer for long-term storage, although the majority of what we eat and feed comes from subsistence hunting, fishing, gardening and wild food harvesting. This is my homemade chicken feed - harvesting throughout spring, summer and fall to feed through the winter when there's nothing available free range.View attachment 3917825
thanks for sharing, you winter feed looks delicious. Our provinces capital is a large city about 4 hours away and we tend to go 2 to 3 times a year for things.
We do have a Walmart (not a large one lol) and a few other chain stores about 30 mins away.

Back
Top Bottom