Boy or girl? Meet 'Brush-head' my Polish chick.

Fizzybelle

Songster
8 Years
Dec 9, 2015
Australia
Wondering what sex my Polish chick, who I've affectionately dubbed 'Brush-Head' (still to be properly named), might be. Or, is it still too early to tell? Any insights would be appreciated. Thanks everyone.
20240921_155331.jpg
20240921_155052.jpg
20240921_155108.jpg
20240921_154449.jpg
20240921_154100.jpg

So darned cute!! No clue though. They need to be around 8 - 12 weeks to sex, at least.

Luckily it's not a silkie as those take three to four months, and sometimes even five!

So darned cute!! No clue though. They need to be around 8 - 12 weeks to sex, at least.

Luckily it's not a silkie as those take three to four months, and sometimes even five!
Thank you :) and so it's still a bit early huh? No worries. Actually I do have a Silkie chick as well, but I was expecting not to know with that one for a few months yet. Wasn't sure if Polish were easy to sex early or not, anything I should look out for that would suggest cockerel?

Thank you :) and so it's still a bit early huh? No worries. Actually I do have a Silkie chick as well, but I was expecting not to know with that one for a few months yet. Wasn't sure if Polish were easy to sex early or not, anything I should look out for that would suggest cockerel?
Things to look out for: the normal reddening/growth of the comb/wattles but additionally pay attention to the shape of the developing crown of head feathers. Cockerels get a disordered and kinda punk-rocker looking hairdo as they develop while the pullets have a more rounded and even-looking hairdo. But agreed, it will take till about 8-12 weeks.

Things to look out for: the normal reddening/growth of the comb/wattles but additionally pay attention to the shape of the developing crown of head feathers. Cockerels get a disordered and kinda punk-rocker looking hairdo as they develop while the pullets have a more rounded and even-looking hairdo. But agreed, it will take till about 8-12 weeks.
Thanks so much!

Back
Top Bottom