Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Post #1694 on page 165 of this thread. Photos of light Brahma chicks. I'm not saying what the chick in question is. Just pointing out in my experience Light chicks are seldom "yellow or white".

I stand corrected. Every LF light Brahma chick I have hatched has started out either white or yellow. I missed that this was a bantam. Sorry!

31698_p1010374.jpg

Quote:
Post #1694 on page 165 of this thread. Photos of light Brahma chicks. I'm not saying what the chick in question is. Just pointing out in my experience Light chicks are seldom "yellow or white".

I stand corrected. Every LF light Brahma chick I have hatched has started out either white or yellow. I missed that this was a bantam. Sorry!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/31698_p1010374.jpg

I was not trying to be ugly, just an observation. I tend to agree with Gary, I think the more quality lights, large or bantam, will show good undercolor at hatch. I am also starting to believe that female light chicks from quality lines are usually darker than males.

I saw this photo in the last Scanner!

Clare, your chicks look great!

Hi Tim -

I didn't think you were trying to be ugly. I am still a babe in the woods compared to you guys and I appreciate learning from you!

So what does the preferred light brahma chick look like? I am curious because I too thought that yellow chicks with very little color were preferred.

Quote:
Can you post a frontal shot of the Dark males and females? How many people exhibited Darks at the show you won BV in the Darks. How many Darks were entered total? What was the show? Who judged? How are the hocks, vulture? Sorry for so many questions. I'm really not trying to be offensive, its just good darks are almost non-existent. I want a start, but I'd like to start with the best avaliable.

Tim Lindenborn

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom