Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
American Brahma Club members wanting to be in the new breeders directory, please print the page from the last Scanner and send it in to Kim by May 15.
It is a valuable resource for Breeders and people looking for Brahmas. I have seen several posts here from people looking for a particular variety in a particular part of the country. That information is in the directory and comes with a membership in the ABC. Information is avaliable at our club website. Follow the link in my signature line.

Thank You!
Tim Lindenborn

Ordered a dozen Buff Bantam Brahma eggs from John Neff in FL and received 23!!! YEA!! Can't wait to get them in my incubator! Thanks John!

Hey all,

I'm new to chicken ownership (first birds this year) and instantly fell in love with the brahma. I found a local guy who bred them (used loosely) and got 2 pullets who are 8 weeks old. He said was one light and one dark brahma. Now I'm thinking instead I got one roo and one pullet and I don't know which is light and which is dark. Can ya'll help me determine the color and sex of these two birds?

33071_dsc05422.jpg

33071_dsc05427.jpg

So what do you think?

I think they are very poor quality lights, maybe even crossed with another variety. Its really impossible to determine sex from those photos. People LOVE to GUESS though.

Quote:
John is a good man. I got my start in Buffs from eggs from him.

You'll have a good start getting your buffs from John. His birds consistently win. My line originated from him years ago, and each year, my buff line improves. These last shows I've shown at mine have won Best Featherleg or Reserve Featherleg over the last year and a half.

Quote:
Yeah, I think they are definitely crosses...at least of colors. Like I said, I'm new to the whole scene, so I didn't really know what I was getting when I bought. I should've done more research, but alas...if they lay me eggs, I'll be a happy girl.

What exactly do you need pictures of to tell gender or what determines gender at this age? I like learning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom