California-Southern

One of the things I find so funny is how scared people are of chickens that have been very handled and are very tame. Some friends of mine think nothing of handling a dead and over processed chicken from the grocery store, but think a live and healthy chicken is yucky. So odd.
Oh no! This is not a "chicken is yucky" scared... but a severe deathly afraid of birds period. Especially the biggest and deadliest of them all...... the elusive Hummingbird.

OK peeps, truth be told....if someone were to stick a grasshopper on my shoulder, or basically ANYWHERE near my person, I would FREAK and SCREAM! stoo-pid, huh?
hide.gif

U R mean hosspak...
lau.gif
tongue.png
wink.png
That's exactly what the guy did to her at the meet up. Just dropped it into her lap.... I thought everyone there heard her...

OK peeps, truth be told....if someone were to stick a grasshopper on my shoulder, or basically ANYWHERE near my person, I would FREAK and SCREAM! stoo-pid, huh?
hide.gif

U R mean hosspak...
lau.gif
tongue.png
wink.png
If you also had a chicken on your shoulder, it would take care of the grasshopper for you. No need to scream.
wink.png

Have you tried listing on the SOCALPOULTRY yahoo group? Just don't give it to a guy named Brian, he is a total flake. He agreed to come get my rooster but did a no-show, and gave no apology or explanation.

This was a few pages ago, but I know who you're talking about (Brian). He "graciously" offered to let me keep my flock in the unused part of his coop with the agreement to pay for feed and come clean once a week. I saw them the following weekend, but he had excuses why I couldn't come out the following 2 weekends. Then he "unexpectedly" had to move all the birds to another location with 1 day's notice, due to code violations on his coop. After 5 weeks of communicating with this "other property owner" and planning a trip to pick up my birds, he stopped communicating with me and Brian said they were no longer friends. So, I haven't seen my birds since last November, and probably won't ever see them again. He will probably be at the Norco meet-up, too. I suspect they were sold at auction.

Last edited:
I also wanted to ask what breeds everyone will have for sale in Norco? Chicks or hatching eggs. I would particularly be interested in BLRW, marans, serama, and runner ducks.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom