Day 18.....Lockdown

don't feel too bad 2 of mine with clear tips day 18 hatched, it takes longer- just be more patient. and 1-2 days on your hatch day- I have eggs in my bater day 21 with clears but veins- I will just wait and see.

I have all 21 with clear tips, some are about 90% filled some about 2/3 full... I went ahead and took them out of the turner last night when I candled but now wondering if I should have left them in if they are so far behind.. I know there was a poster here that said she had some hatch 6 days late and I truly hope that's the case, and ok, I wont go into lockdown until there is an external pip.

once they do start to hatch the hatching one will motivate the others. I have been talking to them like a momma hen- sounds like "culuct" almost like collect.

that is what I would do just think of it as a later hatch- if you tried to help them out you would not be doing them any favors.

No, I have no plans to assist. Told DH this morn instead of a Thursday, Friday hatch we may have a Monday, Tues hatch or even later

So keep them out of the turner?? Should I be turning them by hand?

once they do start to hatch the hatching one will motivate the others. I have been talking to them like a momma hen- sounds like "culuct" almost like collect.

LOL, with my last hatch that's how I got them to wiggle, Family thought I was an idiot in there talking to eggs and laughing my head off when they wiggled in response.

No, I have no plans to assist. Told DH this morn instead of a Thursday, Friday hatch we may have a Monday, Tues hatch or even later

So keep them out of the turner?? Should I be turning them by hand?

I would just leave them, if you're on day 18. Even if they take a bit longer it won't hurt them not to turn. The first 14 days are most important.

5am day 21, woke up to pee and went to check on eggs. The last egg has hatched, the chick is huge! So a very successful 100% hatch for me! I am thrilled, especially since the last one didn't go so well.

I would just leave them, if you're on day 18. Even if they take a bit longer it won't hurt them not to turn. The first 14 days are most important.

5am day 21, woke up to pee and went to check on eggs. The last egg has hatched, the chick is huge! So a very successful 100% hatch for me! I am thrilled, especially since the last one didn't go so well.
wee.gif
on your hatch!!!!! At this point I would be satisfied with a 25% hatch.....
smile.png

I said early on I was way to relaxed...From now on I am going to fuss and stress every stinking day until they hatch!
he.gif

Back
Top Bottom