Day 18.....Lockdown

Things are going well here... 6 of 7 eggs hatched, with the last one pipped, so with luck I'll get 7/7.

I'll post some pictures as soon as I can, my phone is playing up.

I don't really know. I ordered a backyard mix online. I put 9 eggs in. 4 brown and 5 white. It's my first hatch ever so I don't really know what I'm looking at, but when I look at them I see definite movement in 3 and a lot of black blob in 4 others. 2 look like they're not really doing anything. I figure I'll watch them until lockdown and then decide what I should do with them.

here is day 3 and same egg day four this is why people wait to candle.

after day 8 it gets dark and hard to see- but you just watch the air cell, on day 18 look to were the air cell is and look at the pointed end to make sure it is not clear- which means fluid it should be dark never do the lock down on an egg with clear tip.

here is day 3 and same egg day four this is why people wait to candle.

after day 8 it gets dark and hard to see- but you just watch the air cell, on day 18 look to were the air cell is and look at the pointed end to make sure it is not clear- which means fluid it should be dark never do the lock down on an egg with clear tip.

I'm heading into day 19 with all my eggs having clear tips, some more than others, movement in all I have candled so I know they are still alive, the only thing I can think of is that they are going to be late because I didn't run my temps at the recommended 101-102, ran it lower at 99.5-100. and a few time it was lower than that due to a chilly house.....with my last hatch by this time all were dark and some were wiggling. I am a lot more pessimistic about this being even a decent hatch but I wont give up til they do.. No lockdown for me until I see an internal pip, just worried that one or two will pip and going into lockdown for a few will kill all the rest
hit.gif

From this point on, any hatch I do will be done in the spare room with a space heater to better regulate the room temp and I will make sure the incubator temps are ran at the recommended settings.

don't feel too bad 2 of mine with clear tips day 18 hatched, it takes longer- just be more patient. and 1-2 days on your hatch day- I have eggs in my bater day 21 with clears but veins- I will just wait and see.

Back
Top Bottom