Easter Egger club!

Try to pick chicks with the fluffiest faces then they will probably have beards! I got 4 EE's and 2 had super fluffy cheeks and they still do
big_smile.png

Color wise, all mine looked very similar, brown tones, as chicks but all grew up very different!

All looked like this as chicks (the 2 on top of the EcoGlow are EE's)...

And grew up to this:

wow I really like the white and black one! she is pretty!

wow I really like the white and black one! she is pretty!
Thanks. That's Izzy from Meyer Hatchery. She gets a lot of compliments. Lays a pretty green egg but stopped in Oct and hasn't started up again yet.

thats her green egg.
She's lowest in the pecking order now and I wonder if it's bec.
she doesn't lay eggs? She used to be in the middle. Chickens are
funny.
I have to get some new pics... she had her first molt and is
even prettier. More salmon in her beard now.

Last edited:
Thanks. That's Izzy from Meyer Hatchery. She gets a lot of compliments. Lays a pretty green egg but stopped in Oct and hasn't started up again yet. thats her green egg. She's lowest in the pecking order now and I wonder if it's bec. she doesn't lay eggs? She used to be in the middle. Chickens are funny. I have to get some new pics... she had her first molt and is even prettier. More salmon in her beard now.
I am hopeing aget different colored ee's from Cackle Hatchey in february. It would be awesome if i got one like her!

She's lowest in the pecking order now and I wonder if it's bec.
she doesn't lay eggs? She used to be in the middle. Chickens are
funny.
I have to get some new pics... she had her first molt and is 
even prettier.  More salmon in her beard now.
I wondered about that. Everyone in the flock was pretty amicable up until late fall, then they started getting grouchy with each other. The two that were targeted were the two not laying. One started up again and it seems like all the heat is not directed at the one still not laying. I wondered if there was a connection. It's my ameruacana that isn't laying. I'm happy with my peach, green and brown eggs, but I miss my blue and pink (my pink layer is hatching out chicks - due tomorrow)

I wondered about that. Everyone in the flock was pretty amicable up until late fall, then they started getting grouchy with each other. The two that were targeted were the two not laying. One started up again and it seems like all the heat is not directed at the one still not laying. I wondered if there was a connection. It's my ameruacana that isn't laying. I'm happy with my peach, green and brown eggs, but I miss my blue and pink (my pink layer is hatching out chicks - due tomorrow)
what breed is laying you pink eggs? I'm new at this so I ask allot of questions, sorry

Yea, I'm not sure. Like they get bullied for not doing their job? IDK. Good luck with the hatch!

what breed is laying you pink eggs? I'm new at this so I ask allot of questions, sorry
She's an australorp/orpington. No problem regarding asking. That's why we all come here, to ask questions and share experiences.

Yea, I'm not sure. Like they get bullied for not doing their job?  IDK. Good luck with the hatch!  
Thanks. I'm such a goof. I keep going in there and listening carefully in the hopes of hearing cheeps.

Our EEs decided for a late molt in november, so hadnt laid eggs for 3 months - finally saw a green egg yesterday , so maybe theyll be slowly starting back to egg-laying again
We got them from a local pet supplies store that get the chicks from same hatchery as our TSC stores - started with 4 pullets - one got killed from a dog attack & 1 ended up being a beautiful gentle roo

Try to pick chicks with the fluffiest faces then they will probably have beards! I got 4 EE's and 2 had super fluffy cheeks and they still do
big_smile.png

Color wise, all mine looked very similar, brown tones, as chicks but all grew up very different!

All looked like this as chicks (the 2 on top of the EcoGlow are EE's)...

And grew up to this:

They are lovely. My LF EE looks similar to the gold one. She came from a feed store though. Very pretty, but at 11 months I am still waiting for an egg. She visits the box and sings but has not dropped the egg yet. When she does, it is bound to be a doozey!

I have a Gold Laced Wyandotte that lays a pink egg. I thought it was the EE at one point, then I caught her when she dropped it. After reading about Wyandottes, I found out the will lay a pink tinted egg as well as the light brown. She is one of my Favorites

Back
Top Bottom