EE's EGGs - who, where, when, what (let's track who laid what and who hatched from what)

ya maty can see fine .. shes bad if you are walking with food in your hand she will jump up and grab it lol well i hope i get blue eggs from lilly 
I hope you do too. If you want a disabled pullet (scissor beak) I have one you can have for free that came from a blue egg.

She looks weird - but I don't have a recent picture. I want her to go to a good home.

I hope you do too. If you want a disabled pullet (scissor beak) I have one you can have for free that came from a blue egg.

She looks weird - but I don't have a recent picture. I want her to go to a good home.
so she still can lay and everything just a messed up beak ?? could you get a pic so i could show my mom what it looks like

at what age did she start laying ??? my ee girl is still not laying i never see her near the nest or anything she is always with my australorps and they will start laying soon their combs are starting to turn red now ... i will take a pic of my lilly she looks just like chippy
3 of my EE's started laying within days of each other THIS week...around 25 weeks old

_MG_5190.jpg

Here is my girl Murtle
smile.png

I'll take a picture of the egg very soon!
She is awesome!!!!

OK, so I am so excited today!!!!!
I have 4 EE's, and my first egg was a pretty blue.
Yesterday I collected a pale creamy tan one....slightly disappointed...but it was still beautiful :)
This morning, In the middle of the run I saw one of my girls "nesting"...she got up, sang her song, and this is what she left behind!!!!

Crazy right???!!!! Such  deep green!

So, I thought it would be interesting to show you what came from what out of the 4 girls I have.

This blue egg came from one of the two girls shown after the pic.  They were both in the coop after collecting eggs, both came out and this is what they gave me...

"Cheeks"

"Butters"

Next, this creme colored egg...

Laid by "Taz"...aka Taz the Spaz...can never get a good picture of her! But see how tiny her comb is?  This may be the reason in the tan egg?

Next, this beauty!

Laid by "Chippy"

How fun to see that I am getting all different colors by my 4 girls.  Just waiting on one of the first two to lay so I can see what the 4th color will be!!!!!

Jenikate, where did you get your girls from?

Last edited:
Jenikate, where did you get your girls from?
From a local girl and her mom who breed them as a 4H project. She just had such beautiful healthy...(spoiled!) birds...they were all hatched from blue eggs too, so I was hopeful even though I know that has nothing to do with what THEY will lay...so far, not disappointed!

I should note too, that they were all from the same clutch..and I purposely picked out 4 of the most different looking chicks...thinking for sure that I would get a roo..(the prettiest chicks always seem to be roos:) But she was fairly adept at gender (about 90%) and I trusted her. Guess she did good by me!

Back
Top Bottom