Example HOA covenant that allows hens

Rachb0325

Hatching
Sep 21, 2023
Hello!

I am wondering if anyone has an example HOA covenant that allows up to 6 hens. Our city recently made a law change to allow 6 hens in residential areas with a permit, but our HOA does not. I am planning on getting signatures to put a petition together to the board, but would love to have an example amendment/covenant that allows 6 hens to show exactly what we are requesting.

I have included our current covenant, and would appreciate any thoughts on updating it to propose allowing chickens.

IMG_8135.jpeg

Hello!

I am wondering if anyone has an example HOA covenant that allows up to 6 hens. Our city recently made a law change to allow 6 hens in residential areas with a permit, but our HOA does not. I am planning on getting signatures to put a petition together to the board, but would love to have an example amendment/covenant that allows 6 hens to show exactly what we are requesting.

I have included our current covenant, and would appreciate any thoughts on updating it to propose allowing chickens.

View attachment 3641273
My HOA had the same language. Texas House Bill 1191 (the Chicken Freedom Act) became effective September 1, 2023. It specifically permits residents to have up to 6 chickens in their backyards. Since January, egg prices jumped up nearly 138% from last year.

Effective January 1, 2024, Texas House Bill 614 requires HOAs to post on their websites and mail to their residents a catalog of prohibited items, a fine schedule, and hearing details.

Back
Top Bottom