Thursday evening I agreed to help Rosie clean out Russ's stall. I get out there and my Branch let me know he wanted to sit in my lap and held. So I did. I held my little buddy for 30 minutes while Rosie did the stall herself complaining the entire time. She was playing music, and me and Branch both criticized her song choices and her stall cleaning. Once it got almost dark as she was finishing up Branch hopped down and put himself in the coop for the night. I have held fast to that memory this afternoon and evening while I was working at the concession during the horse show. I could not fall to pieces. I am home now, and I am shattered. I had my first hawk attack this morning. My buddy, my best friend, my tv watching Monkey Man was the one taken. It killed me when I lost Drumstick, but this, this hurts worse. Through my tears I am staring at 6 little Branchlets. Please, please let one of these be a boy. I do not think I have prayed so hard for a rooster chick ever.

Rest in peace Branch. The last 2 months you have been stand offish since you have taken over the brunt of rooster duties now that Bubba has slowed down. Thank you, thank you for chest bumping my leg Thursday evening in your way of telling me you wanted picked up.

My Monkey man Branch
5-15-2021-7-6-2024
View attachment 3884243View attachment 3884247
I understand your pain exactly. My loss has been so devastating for me, but I take emotional refuge in the moment and with the new babies entrusted to my care. :hugs:hit:hit:hit:hit:hugs

For Pony Sunday I have another auto-parts critter - less terrifying than the T-Rex I posted last week.
And my friend the turkey is still hanging around.
But then YIKES! Is that a coyote? Looks a lot more ‘leggy’ than my usual foxes, but has a fox-like tail. WDYT?
View attachment 3884103

Love that giraffe ♥️

Yea I it’s a coyote and likely has mange. They are prone to it. Also could be shedding (moulting) but bit late in the year for that.

The thing about DIY swamp coolers that scares me is water near electric current if you don't understand how dangerous that can be -- if you have electricity training that's ok but if not it looks unsafe.

I'll take a manufactured safety piece of equipt over a DIY project but that's just me. We never put water and electricity together near our chickens just to be safe. If we ever did it would be safely manufactured mechanisms like @Ponypoor has set up.

Unfortunately for us our summers are too unbearably humid to use swamp coolers. A cool slow stream of sprinkler water under canopy shade is our chickens' favorite to play in.
That looks like sheer chickens heaven 😍

Thursday evening I agreed to help Rosie clean out Russ's stall. I get out there and my Branch let me know he wanted to sit in my lap and held. So I did. I held my little buddy for 30 minutes while Rosie did the stall herself complaining the entire time. She was playing music, and me and Branch both criticized her song choices and her stall cleaning. Once it got almost dark as she was finishing up Branch hopped down and put himself in the coop for the night. I have held fast to that memory this afternoon and evening while I was working at the concession during the horse show. I could not fall to pieces. I am home now, and I am shattered. I had my first hawk attack this morning. My buddy, my best friend, my tv watching Monkey Man was the one taken. It killed me when I lost Drumstick, but this, this hurts worse. Through my tears I am staring at 6 little Branchlets. Please, please let one of these be a boy. I do not think I have prayed so hard for a rooster chick ever.

Rest in peace Branch. The last 2 months you have been stand offish since you have taken over the brunt of rooster duties now that Bubba has slowed down. Thank you, thank you for chest bumping my leg Thursday evening in your way of telling me you wanted picked up.

My Monkey man Branch
5-15-2021-7-6-2024
What can I possibly say. I'm truly saddened. How I hate that hawk , I hope it meets it's maker sooner rather than later.

R.I.P Branch ♥️ 🌹

My Monkey man Branch
5-15-2021-7-6-2024
:hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :fl:fl:fl:fl:flOh, Rebecca!:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs

Back
Top Bottom