I have used Amoxicillin- 250mg twice a day for 7 days for Sharpie when she had her retained egg issue.

I also gave her 1/2 a low dose aspirin at night for 5 days, for any further issues with inflammation.
I must be missing something? Why would you give her antibiotics? I may have missed it, but I thought she managed to get the egg out. The worry with giving antibiotics if they are not needed is they may be less effective when you do need them.
Sorry if I have misunderstood the situation.

20241003_120538.jpg
Cream legbar roos are very pretty
20241003_120631.jpg

Any wild animal can bite. With this one it isn't venomous. Still means if it does bite, go clean and disinfect the area.
If you get bit by a snake, always go see a physician. You need an antibiotic. They carry the nastiest bacteria in the planet in their mouths.

Last edited:
Do any of you know whether chooks will eat Salisbury steak, with macaroni and cheese and potatoes? :idunno TV dinners sounded good at the time, but I can’t finish my plate
I gave my rooster the steak meal. Everyone got some. But it’s all I can do to make him shut up. He will stand on the back porch and crow and knock on the door until he gets my attention. The neighbors think it’s funny.

Back
Top Bottom