Mother in law came to meet her new girls, and was gushing over getting to (kinda) have chickens of her own now. :)
Also we have a new layer, in the ivory colored coop. My guess is Nyx or Shiba-san.
20241003_171326.jpg
Next to an Ash egg. It's smaller than Morinths, who I caught her laying today and grabbed hers earlier.
Oddly, it's green. Nyx is bantam cochinXsilkie, Shiba-san is OEGBantamXporcelain d'uccle.

Cookie the cochin/easter egger maybe? Would a cochin even lay such a small egg?
Edit cochin mix is a light blue layer, so not her either.

that isn't true; if it was I would have been dead. I have gotten bit probably 50+ times in the past couple of years (I was going out of my way to catch them, they were just defending themselves and calmed down once they realized I wasn't going to hurt them). There is very little chance it will even get infected as they have an anticoagulant in their saliva which results in very little bacteria actually getting left behind. they actually have relatively clean mouths to begin with as well.
I don’t know about snakes, but I do know that anticoagulants in saliva do nothing to prevent bacteria.
Anticoagulants are things that hinder blood clotting.

Mother in law came to meet her new girls, and was gushing over getting to (kinda) have chickens of her own now. :)
Also we have a new layer, in the ivory colored coop. My guess is Nyx or Shiba-san.
View attachment 3957103
Next to an Ash egg. It's smaller than Morinths, who I caught her laying today and grabbed hers earlier.
Oddly, it's green. Nyx is bantam cochinXsilkie, Shiba-san is OEGBantamXporcelain d'uccle.

Cookie the cochin/easter egger maybe? Would a cochin even lay such a small egg?
Edit cochin mix is a light blue layer, so not her either.
A cochin x EE would most likely lay green eggs. Cochins (pure bred) lay brown eggs. EE’s can lay assorted colors, most frequently blue. The blue shell color is dominate over white shell, so offspring should get the blue egg gene (assuming EE parent has 2 copies), while also getting the brown egg sprayer gene from the cochin which turns the blue egg green. (Works similar with blue brown green/hazel human eye color). More likely the light blue egg layer ISNT the cochin x EE mix. That being said, exceptions DO occur and thoroughly mix up genetics.

Back
Top Bottom