We would travel everywhere together. He loved my newer car.
He didn’t like the Lexus very much. Which is why I changed cars. He only traveled once in the SkyHawk and he liked that too. I’m at odds as to what to do next. The girls need a rooster. I lost a friend and companion. Sir Jaffar was the only one who appreciated my jokes!! :th:hit
In my humble opinion, he was bigger than life, brave, kind and wise and he never gave up! He’d fight to the death to keep his ladies safe from harm. And he did.

We would travel everywhere together. He loved my newer car.
He didn’t like the Lexus very much. Which is why I changed cars. He only traveled once in the SkyHawk and he liked that too. I’m at odds as to what to do next. The girls need a rooster. I lost a friend and companion. Sir Jaffar was the only one who appreciated my jokes!! :th:hit
In my humble opinion, he was bigger than life, brave, kind and wise and he never gave up! He’d fight to the death to keep his ladies safe from harm. And he did.
Alex I have been thinking about you and Jaffar and how sad it is to lose him.
One thing I thought is that your current chicks will remember him. That lovely picture you shared of him looking after them - probably he was imparting a lot of chicken wisdom that they will remember. And maybe one of them is a little cockerel.
You may remember my Eli the stunt pilot and how I got chicks just before she went broody and then died. And even though the chicks were really too old to need a momma hen she adopted them and taught them things about being good chickens.
I am absolutely certain they remember her lessons because the babies (now all grown) do things that only Eli did. They dig in her favorite spots even though the others don’t particularly care for those places.
So I think the wisdom of Jaffar will live on in the babies and I am sure he is confident that you will take good care of them for him.
:hugs

One thing I thought is that your current chicks will remember him. That lovely picture you shared of him looking after them - probably he was imparting a lot of chicken wisdom that they will remember. And maybe one of them is a little cockerel.
You may remember my Eli the stunt pilot and how I got chicks just before she went broody and then died. And even though the chicks were really too old to need a momma hen she adopted them and taught them things about being good chickens.
I am absolutely certain they remember her lessons because the babies (now all grown) do things that only Eli did. They dig in her favorite spots even though the others don’t particularly care for those places.
So I think the wisdom of Jaffar will live on in the babies and I am sure he is confident that you will take good care of them for him.
Wonderful things to say, and thank you. It’s just that I really hurt now, the loss of my buddy Sir Jaffar has cut through my heart like a knife. And actually losing him also affects my entire community. He was well known for being my rooster friend.

:(This is probably the saddest post I have ever done here on BYC. I had to go to town this morning, and upon my return home I found Sir Jaffar lying in the run passed away. One of his spurs was hooked up to the chain link, as if fighting off a threat to his ladies. So, he’s gone and I am devastated.:th:hit
This may be one of the saddest post I've read on this thread. I feel relieved that you have the chicks that will necessarily at some point force a smile on your face, because this must be so hard for you. I am sure everyone on this thread will keep him in their heart and memories for a very long time. I can't believe he is no longer here 🙁.
:hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs

You don’t need words, just let your self princess this, it’s very important that you remember him and grieve. He was and will remain a huge part of your life. And remember also that he is a part of everything around you and will remain so; the hens, your babies, they are all shaped you having Sir Jaffar.

💕💕💕💕💕
Oh dear - I meant Process - darn autocorrect 😢 what the heck. Not princess, process

Autocorrect…..
:mad:

I had planned to take him up to Seattle and meet with my brother.
He will be buried with honors at my church tomorrow morning. Sir knight the best I have ever known.
That is a lovely honour, I am sorry your brother didn’t get a chance to meet him.

You know that he was such a wonderful ambassador for all chickens and esp for Roos - he showed that not all Roos are bad and that they can indeed be good friends with us Hoomans. I hope that he has changed how people view having a Roo.

🌹💐🌸🌺🌷🌹🌻🌸🌼🌹

That is a lovely honour, I am sorry your brother didn’t get a chance to meet him.

You know that he was such a wonderful ambassador for all chickens and esp for Roos - he showed that not all Roos are bad and that they can indeed be good friends with us Hoomans. I hope that he has changed how people view having a Roo.

🌹💐🌸🌺🌷🌹🌻🌸🌼🌹
Make no mistake, he wasn’t very friendly to A- hole hoomans. He could spot an A- hole a as mile away, and attack them.

Nobody forgets Eli, just fyi

Back
Top Bottom