It won't post in my last comment
1000002306.jpg

Princess đź’©

Happy Monday everyone.
Tassels is out on day release again today.
Who can resist that face? But I fear once again she has deceived me. I just heard broody sounds.
Please Tassels. It has been almost a month now. Just STOP!
Here is her mugshot. I remain besotted, though also exasperated!
View attachment 3852187
Bad Tassels! But oh yes, who could resist that face? She is so pretty! I am so jealous, I’d love to have one who looked like her.

Bad Tassels! But oh yes, who could resist that face? She is so pretty! I am so jealous, I’d love to have one who looked like her.
Awww. She also lays the prettiest dark khaki-green eggs. Of course if she spends her whole summer being broody I won't see many of those!

Awww. She also lays the prettiest dark khaki-green eggs. Of course if she spends her whole summer being broody I won't see many of those!
Now I’m extra jealous! I only have one colorful egg layer. Kinda a light-ish olive green color. I’m not sure if I have any pictures.

I wonder if I breed Bolt and Pastel (and get a pullet) if I will get a dark green egg? Bolt lays green and Splotch (Pastel’s twin) lays light tan eggs.

I’m not sure what color they would lay.

From the top- Bolt, Splotch, Bolt
Bottom- Willow (or Opal,) Eli, Crystal (I think, I’m not really sure on any of the bottom ones)
IMG_3350.jpeg

I need to go to Tampa this weekend. I think I mentioned a while back that we are having family issues.

(My uncle gave up his “job” of taking care of everything for my Papa and now my dad has to deal with all of it)

So we have to go to Tampa for the weekend.
I am kinda reluctant to leave my chooks again, since I lost the AC on Friday, and last summer two of my Guinea hens got sick while I was away and they died when I got back.

Here’s another mug for tax: I am still curious at how Bolt broke her beak a few years ago…I think she may have gotten it caught in chicken wire and struggled to get uncaught, but I don’t know for sure.
She lives happily with it though and gets a regular beak trim 🥰
IMG_0079.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom