Hand feeding my broody Samara a bit of apple. I'm being offered free hatching eggs...doubt hubby will go along with it but the thought is there.
View attachment 3867247
She's a much more angry broody than Morinth was.
Yes they can be aggressive. Dorothy who is normally very mild mannered is a biting maniac now she is broody!

But she is easy enough to get off the nest if I need to get her off it. She will eat drink and then after about 10 min run back - silly girl.

Stil really steamy here, very unusual for this early in the year. Today is the summer solstice, from now on dayligjt hours will start to get shorter.

It doesn’t get dark now until about 9:45pm, I have my window blinds in place so I can sleep.

All this daylight makes the chooks not want to go to bed. Last night I caught Fluffy wandering around just before I went out to do evening chores - the chase was on to get them all to bed.

FC1CD367-3E00-4074-BDD2-06AA9BD42001.png
48CB95A2-66B1-44F1-A3B1-96CC8CB2E987.png

Last night we had some rain. I think it wasn't much but enough that I don't have to water stuff today. It's still really hot; I have been taking extra water out to the run to pour onto the favorite dust bath spots to make them cooler. I haven't gotten any Wild Water pictures, but yesterday, I did get this:
IMG_E6296.JPG

After they pecked at the melon, there was a puddle of melon juice. They really liked that.

Stil really steamy here, very unusual for this early in the year. Today is the summer solstice, from now on dayligjt hours will start to get shorter.

It doesn’t get dark now until about 9:45pm, I have my window blinds in place so I can sleep.

All this daylight makes the chooks not want to go to bed. Last night I caught Fluffy wandering around just before I went out to do evening chores - the chase was on to get them all to bed.

View attachment 3867384View attachment 3867385
Summer solstice? You’re not going to jump around with a broom in one hand and slinging a dead rat in the other, are you?

Summer solstice? You’re not going to jump around with a broom in one hand and slinging a dead rat in the other, are you?
And possibly even singing 🎼 Oh Canada, where there’s no desire, because the ice turns to fire 🔥 and the Maple Leafs crumble under the weight of the Girl Guides boots 🥾 .” Sorry, but I’m not a musician

This is @Ponypoor you're talking about. That's not the solstice behavior. That's the "I caught another one of you dirty buggers and I'm showing the rest what's going to happen to them" dance. (While cleaning the barn)

Back
Top Bottom