As I teenager I worked in a fish and chip shop at night.
Ate a lot of deep fried food during that period as I got to take home whatever was left over when I closed up.
It took many years before I could face deep fried anything again - but I got over it and now would fight the Princesses for a good plate of fish and chips if I knew where to get any around here.

Fish and chips tax: Beautiful Babs (RIP) brings up the rear of the parade down the jungle path.
View attachment 3870603
How long did it take you for the acne scars to heal after your employment period

Run Little Chicken!

Chicken version of soccer!
Wonderful video.
When you cut to Mr. P, his stance and the way he walks.....where have I saw that before?

Oh wait, I know, I see it every time I look in the brooder.
Adele is a Mr. P chick, his exact copy.
DSCN3285.JPG

I will not speculate what that stance means, I love that little bobblehead.

Oh dear!
You might be able to borrow a shop vac. A friend of mine lent me his when my basement flooded along with an industrial size fan to dry stuff out.
Around here the wire dog kennels are often available second hand on Craig’s list. It is probably worth a look.
Im keeping an eye on Craigslist when I can. YS leaves for boot camp tomorrow, so this month has been a bit crazy and I'm sort of lacking in motivation for quite a bit....anything below current meals, work clothes, and stuff for tomorrow is on the "to do later" list.

We just took four of our five four-legged pets to the vet yesterday for whoever needed whatever. $580. But we don't have to bring anyone back for over a year!
Talk about commitment or expense:

My DS/DIL have an old dog pound rescue cat they estimate to be between 15-18 years old now. For several yrs she's needed insulin injections twice a day 8 hrs apart exactly! That means they have to coordinate their daily schedules precisely for someone to be home to give that kitty her shots for the rest of her life! And she's a spry old gal!
ZACK 2  11-17-2021.jpg

DD/SIL went thru a pit bull rescue organization to get a pit mix that were ready to give up on a pup that was going to lose her eye -- she needed expensive eye surgery that no one could afford to adopt her. DS committed to the adoption and it cost $850 rather than the initial $300 estimate. Sweet dog loves people, loves other dogs, and never can tell there was anything wrong w/ her eye.
QUINCY 2  04-06-2023.jpg

So happy I got adult kids responsible w/ pets!

My favorite fluffy butts pic!
SILKIE CHICKS 7  02-08-2024.jpg

Back
Top Bottom