Hello everyone.
Trying to cope with this deadly heat right now, 120 degree highs killed two more of my hens, Sunfeather and Onyx. My fan malfunctioned yesterday sometime in the middle of the day yesterday and is still not working. I have to go outside every few minutes to mist down my chicken coop and water down the dustbathing holes.
Here is a video and some tax.
Tax:
View attachment 3883936
I want to post more tax but it won't upload. Maybe it will work better later
I am so sorry. That is really brutal heat.

Are they Buff Orps? Have to say I am happy with the ones I picked up. Nice temperament on them.

One thing i remember you sayin about Hattie’s feathers were they had something going on..? I have notes that the feathers on Laverne are almost like a frizzle, the barbs are not stuck together like on other feathers - is this an Orpington thing? Is this why they look so fluffy? The Buff Orps are not like that.
Lavender Orpingtons can have the feather shredder gene which makes their their feathers come apart. Usually on the back part of their bodies near the tail.

They are Lavender Orpingtons, not Buff.

Awesome! So pleased. What colour polish are they going to be?
They should be this when fully grown.

tolbunt-hen-3.jpg

Hello everyone.
Trying to cope with this deadly heat right now, 120 degree highs killed two more of my hens, Sunfeather and Onyx. My fan malfunctioned yesterday sometime in the middle of the day yesterday and is still not working. I have to go outside every few minutes to mist down my chicken coop and water down the dustbathing holes.
Tax:
View attachment 3883936
Holy cow. That's awful. :hugs :hugs :hugs

Hello everyone.
Tax:
View attachment 3883936
:hugs :hugs :hugs

Look up diy swampcooler. We have one and it works really nicely here.

For Pony Sunday I have another auto-parts critter - less terrifying than the T-Rex I posted last week.
And my friend the turkey is still hanging around.
But then YIKES! Is that a coyote? Looks a lot more ‘leggy’ than my usual foxes, but has a fix-like tail. WDYT?
View attachment 3884103

Cool giraffe 🦒 very creative and great use of stuff usually disposed of.

I found this photo of young coyote and I think you are correct. At first I thought their tails were not quite the long but I was wrong. The photos of older ones seem to show them much fluffier but the juveniles do indeed seem to me to look strikingly similar to the animal you caught on camera.

IMG_1251.jpeg

Yea, I imagine you wouldn’t be able to have apple trees. They require a frost/freeze time to help set the buds or some such thing.

Babies where out and about till I brought them in at noon when it became too hot for them.
View attachment 3883997
They are so dang adorable and I love the pic!

She meant Baytril, it’s a very effective antibiotic for reproductive tract infections. Likely the best out there.

Benadryl is an antihistamine that humans take for allergic reactions. I have not heard of it being used in poultry for anything.

♥️
Sounds good for bacterial infections but I guess it wouldn't work for a bleeding ovarian tumor/cancer ?

My Silkie had about 3 different Baytril injections and a couple oral Baytril treatments for other health issues over her 6 year lifespan but apparently it never effected a cure for her tumor progression :idunno.

MINI was such a funny girl and loved to forage and would get cobwebs, straw, and leaves in her hair. She was such a loss but we sure enjoyed her and did as much as we could for the little doll.

DSCN7035.JPG

Back
Top Bottom