Yep, having them underfoot was nerve wracking, I would lock them away when o was working around the barn. They would just follow me around and get underfoot!

One day they followed my BIL who almost stepped on Mrs, he was totally freaked out also.

Not so bad now, they don’t follow around so much, but do like to fly up on my shoulders whe I least expect it walking by. Sheesh!
I could not let them go. It would be so hard.

Cute little chicks. I am happy for her that her daddy caved. That could end up being the best decision he ever made and come to love them himself. I caved 3 years ago and let Rosie have the silkies. Even with the heart break they have brought I do not regret it one bit. Sometimes when you are wrong, you are wrong. I thought I was done caving to peer pressure from my family over the chickens. Well, now we have Adele my own "PomPom" chicken. She is a polkie but 3/4 polish and the polish gene's are strong with this one. Her poof is exploding. I believe it was a little over a year ago I claimed I had my silkies, I did not need a polish as well. I'm just going to shut up from here on out, karma or the universe likes to prove me wrong.
Everyone needs polish. They are awesome.

Continuing with this whole music and chickens thing. Laying hens get stress when they listen to music. Since Grandma doesn't lay eggs anymore, I assumed it was okay for her to listen. When I learned that chickens prefer classical music, I turned on a 2 hour compilation of classical music from Bach to Vivaldi. She seemed to like it, having the same reaction as with the other music but I also realized Grandma was a tad more interested in the flowers on the screen as she was constantly pecking the screen. I had to tell her those weren't real flowers but of course a chicken doesn't know that.
Has anyone else managed to get their chickens to listen to music? If so, what kind of music? A specific artist or song? I'll continue again soon.
Pink Floyd was my girls favourite 😍 💕 all that I played they enjoyed

1000002457.jpg

1000002446.jpg

My poor old man is closely guarded by little pusscat

He wouldn't stay still for his Caturday picture. But he's forgiven because he's been amazingly kind to my old dog
1000002457.jpg

Back
Top Bottom