How I your hen? I didnโ€™t see anything so must be missing any updates.
Yes! Sorry I was talking to someone in PM and forgot about everything else๐Ÿ˜‚ I did update the day before yesterday I think.
She is doing okay. Tried laying yesterday and nothing but has been eating, drinking and walking around it's always the evenings when she starts to show whats going on.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/please-help-cream-legbar-hen-having-egg-issues.1634166/

Adele is either going to be a amazing rooster one day or a amazing momma. I have noticed for the last few days whenever I refill the feeder, give them a treat or even offer up worms Adele goes to it first. Then the first few bites instead of eating drops it in front of the other chicks to let them have it. I have no sound clues other then chick peeps to determine if there is tid-bitting involved. After Adele has alerted the other chicks to the food then she joins the mob and stuffs herself and no longer shares. None of the other chicks do this, including Reba who I think is actually Barbosa. It is a free for all for the silkies. I also notice that all the silkies try to snuggle up under poor Adele who is bigger but she seems to love it when they go to sleep. Either way these are traits I am loving to see so early in a chick.
Oh she is going to be a sweetie. ๐Ÿฅฐ

Fires, flood and rising temperatures have made so many beautiful places difficult to live. I'm not sure how many of these fires, especially the giant ones in the US, are spontaneous or due to human stupidity / criminal gestures ? It's terrifying to think the damage a cigarette or a still smoking fire can do.

Thank you for trying. It makes me sad that people can do that to their roosters and it's not fair that you get caught as a result in emotional blackmail.

Thirsty Thursday
This is a repost but works well for thirsty Thursday. Merle drinking and cooling her feet.
View attachment 3900642
Same Merle. Broody again.
View attachment 3900643
Alba
View attachment 3900644
Thรฉo.
View attachment 3900645
Putting your feet in the water you are drinking adds flavor don't you know.

Queen Aurora is so cute!
Who you calling cute!

20220317_234136.jpg

Back
Top Bottom