Remember, I’m a big city guy. I came to the country to forget my past, reenergize my life and with the help of friends, human or feathered, live out my dreams of peace tranquility in my home.
I realize that can never happen. All those lives whose my career had changed are now coming out of prison 5 year terms to 20 year terms. I still keep my guns clean and loaded.
I'm surprised they weren't released earlier thx to the state emptying "crowded" prisons in the last few yrs!

Tx
Old farm pic ~ mom had a bunch of these box camera pics !~ so old even SHE didn't know who they were any more.
No 065 - Bunia uncle and Baja buckboard horses.png

Already having any issue telling her apart from Little Mouse - who isn’t that much smaller than her now.

When the stand next to one another I can see the difference in colour but it very close!
Teehee! We had 3 identical Dom chicks but from Day 1 we knew which one was who ~ even human identical twins have either one physical or one personality trait that's identifyable :highfive:
DSCN8282.JPG

My little church has practiced old time religion. Songs, scriptures, and old religious traditions. But not so old that I would not be comfortable there. Only thing that I don’t like, that they don’t allow me to bring my chickens. Some churches have allowed them.
Really? I hear it costs around $500/yr to obtain a license to take a pet anywhere as an ESA (emotional support animal). My friend in FLA has two licensed pets. Wheels them around in a netted pet stroller!

Thanks for that, I guess. Rudy’s comb won’t contract Dry Pox.
He’s got that Wyandottey comb.
Give him time to heal. He's a handsome bird, if more laid back than Rudy is. Makes an EXCELLENT rooster. Whiskey struck me that way as a cockerel....then I'd see him do things like call the ladies away from the area his more fiery "brothers" were fighting in. I never saw him fight with them. Instead, I saw him quietly courting the ladies and standing watch. The ladies fell for him more readily than the more fiery brats. Now, with Cheetah, he simply played backup and didn't try to step on his toes. Now it seems that he's above Cheetah in rank, but I don't see him chase Cheetah off either. Tuff, Cheetah, and Hector have a more rocky relationship, and Whiskey will go after Tuff when he's being a brat. Whiskey is also my go to when one of the ladies needs overnight TLC inside.

From what you've said about this buff orp roo, it sounds like he's got a similar personality. I pray the 2 guys find a happy medium working together with the ladies. If he's that much like Whiskey, he will be a happy to get along, calm asset for your ladies.

With him being under the weather, you will give him the best care possible, as you do with every one of your birds. Use this time to build a stronger relationship with him. He will call you out when he needs help with something in the yard that's beyond their abilities to deal with.

Back
Top Bottom