Found : Petrified duck nest w/ ducklings **PICS POST ONE***

Hmmm....ew...kinda. Yeah, I'm sure a biology teacher would love to get their hands on these though! But I can't help but
hit.gif
about those poor babies! It looks like they were crying!

They were obviously perserved in the hay / dirt of the nest, and the locker was closed most of the time. It broke my heart to see them but then I saw all the other shells os i know that most of the ducklings lived. When I was cleaning them off, I waas puling hey out of the shell and noticed that their little wings still had feathers on them!

hey could be more than five years old.... This is just such a neat experience! I mean ive got bones from goats, cows, wild animals, turtles, but this is my first encounter with a dead domestic bird like this.

After studying them a little more im pretty sure they are scovies. When we moved in there were two drakes and one hen that hung around all year long. Now only the one drake is left. But ive dupplied him with one permenant hen and my other two hens who love his pond and dont want to come home.

But anyway - the beaks are more pointed and well beak like than non scovie bills.

Back
Top Bottom