Fully formed poop with yellow cap

She didn't. But Bingo is eating and drinking on her own right now.
Okay, that's good. Is the vet close to you? I ask because you may want to see if they will sell you a feeding tube & syringe just in case. I suggest a red rubber 18 French tube and a 60 ml catheter-tipped syringe.

The vet was an hour away. I can ask if they sell them and pick one up.

What are the egg withdrawal days for toltrazural and metronidazole?

Corid is usually the first choice for treatment of coccidiosis. It doesn’t hurt to use that. Some strains of coccidia are resistant, especially the ones that cause bloody poop. Many people are using toltrazuril or in combination with Corid, and sulfa antibiotics have been used for years.

You can sometimes find metronidazole online for fish, and that is what many use to treat Protozoa such as histomoniasis/blackhead. Let me see if you can still get it online. I am also tagging @casportpony in case she has advice about either the metronidazole or the drugs for coccidiosis.
I know to treat the whole flock for coccidia.

Will I need to treat the whole flock for blackhead/flagellates too? Or just Bingo?

Also I have chicks. 6-8 weeks. I'm bringing then outside soon. I have a seperate area in a seperate run for them to grow up. How do I keep on top of them so they don't get overloaded like my current flock outside? I'd like to eventually have them altogether this summer too.

Bingo update;

A few days after treatment the yellow cap poop stopped and went to normal. And she laid an egg today!

And I spoke too soon. Now she is ruffled up and yellow watery poop. I think she's got coccidiosis again.
I scoop out the coop and run daily, was hoping it would cut down on reinfection. We just had TONS of rain so that probably didn't help. The edges of the run get wet from roof runoff.

Back
Top Bottom