gosling not standing, weak leg

I suppose, if you are creative, that you could make some kind of a sling out of stretchy fabric (like an old t-shirt) that had a hole for each leg and her neck. Suspend it inside a dog crate or cage? That way the weight would be off her legs. The sling would have to support her chest well so that she wouldnt tip forward. Maybe if you have an old baby "walker" you could modify it to hold the goose.

Poor Oatmeal! She sound miserable, but hopefully the splints will help her legs work better.

Chel

Thanks
I will tell mom, she might have luck.

This morning Oatmeal had diaper rash.... I put A&D ointment on her bum hope that is ok and will work. She can't swim, her legs are spaced and straight and can't even stand up on her own....

SHE IS A VERY UNHAPPY LITTLE GIRL !!!!!!!!!

I am so mad ... our vet sent us to another vet 3 hours away. We took Oatmeal hoping to get some help with her leg. That vet said they could help but not 100% "they would try"

A $250 bill and a splint on her leg

we go home planning to return 7 days later. On the 5th day her splint has turned inward on one leg and has fallen off the other. We go to our regular vet to get the splint changed, she calls the vet 3 hour away and that vet..... REFUSES..... to help .

This was a basic splint, one I even thought of, not anything special. Our regular vet is just as mad.

Now we have a foot turning inward more and is still disfunctional. But at least she can go swimming again.

I will try to send pictures again, she has changed so much.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom