Granny's gone and done it again

Mowed the pasture again. Was able to mow it in high gear because it hadn't been quite a week since I mowed it last but I like to stay ahead of them grass burrs. By the time I finished, the steering wheel was just about too hot to hold onto.
I hate those damn things. Bandit is coated in them. Thats what causes the tangles.

Mowed the pasture again. Was able to mow it in high gear because it hadn't been quite a week since I mowed it last but I like to stay ahead of them grass burrs. By the time I finished, the steering wheel was just about too hot to hold onto.
I try to stay on top of Fox Tails. Come up green, dry up into yellow crispy travelers..in animals coats. I rescued a small dog with a bottom eyelid area that was watering and a bit bloody. Vet gave her an anti-inflammatory to get swelling down so he could see in there better. Brought her back, he looks in under the lid and there it was, a fox tail. Then told me how they can travel. Told me the story if a dog that had a sore that just would not heal. Owners tried everything. After a while the dog died. Had an autopsy done. A fox tail had traveled from the butt where the sore was..to his heart. I try real hard to keep those things away.

I was trying to remember the name of the breed of RIR. It was the Heritage. They have the deep red feathering. Like I said, she was getting really pretty. Here's a photo of one.
b4908a33d351eb550ad87c077d987b8c.jpg

Yea, he probably got a little on him. Probably had to get rid of the pants anyway.
I can't see that without downloading the app. Can someone tell me what's happening?

How much acreage do you mow, Pert?

I was trying to remember the name of the breed of RIR. It was the Heritage. They have the deep red feathering. Like I said, she was getting really pretty. Here's a photo of one. View attachment 3874031
I've heard RIRs can be bossy to other chickens. Are these? ETA she sure is pretty.

Back
Top Bottom