I found 8mm footage of Dec 7, 1941

jnicholes

Free Ranging
7 Years
Feb 16, 2017
Dietrich, Idaho
First, a warning. If you dont want to see footage of the Pearl Harbor attack, ignore this post and dont click the video link.

Second, I found this 8mm reel for sale and bought it. I was shocked at what I saw. This is footage of the Pearl Harbor attack on Sunday, December 7th, 1941.

I was told to share it here in this section of the forum.

I would ask/call around and see if you can get this video digitized. You found a small piece of history. And thank you for sharing by the way. But I bet there are people that would love to get their hands on this. Still being 8mm means it hasn’t been reviewed and archived by the people who study these kinds of things. Who knows, it good give a new angle of the events that happened that day.

I would ask/call around and see if you can get this video digitized. You found a small piece of history. And thank you for sharing by the way. But I bet there are people that would love to get their hands on this. Still being 8mm means it hasn’t been reviewed and archived by the people who study these kinds of things. Who knows, it good give a new angle of the events that happened that day.

If the footage is original and not a copy of a newsreel, you might want to contact the History Department at a university in your area.

It says at the beginning it’s official US Navy footage. However, I have seen other copies of this same footage. This leads me to suspect that it was maybe copied and distributed a lot in the United States. This is one of those copies.

Thanks Jared for posting your video. My second picture can be seen in your video.
A small boat takes visitors to the Memorial. from land.

Wanted to share some pictures I took when I was visiting the Arizona Memorial.
These are my personal pix I took with a 35mm film camera. I transferred the negatives into digital files recently.

1654500858448.jpeg

1654500900132.jpeg

A model of the Arizona
1654501025456.jpeg

This picture is an online picture (not mine) showing the Memorial aerial view. Just wanted to add this. The Memorial is not mounted on top of the Arizona,, but rather stands on its own legs and just spans the ship.
1654501144161.png

Back
Top Bottom