Instuments anybody???

Hope no one minds me bumping this old thread; didn't see a reason to start a new one.

I've dabbled in recorder (which turned me off of music for years!) zither, acoustic guitar, and electric keyboard, but right now I strictly focus on electric guitar. I bought an HSS Charvel with a Floyd last year and absolutely adore it. I have little T-Rex arms (and hands) so the thin neck is much, much easier for me to handle as opposed to the acoustic (dreadnought.) My studies are all over the place - I can play about 30 different chords, but don't yet have the hand strength to fluently change them, so I do a lot of basic exercises as well as practice theory and barre chords.

I also want an electric bass someday, thanks to bands like the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Interpol. It's all their fault. :(

I forgot about this thread for a while

Last week I learned how to play the bass guitar- since I already play upright bass it's pretty easy for me. I have to say it's a lot easier because the strings are way less thick and the frets tell you where the notes are. However, when I play with an amp, everyone can hear when I mess up lol

I play the ukulele and the piano. I started the piano about 7 years ago, I haven't been playing at all recently, though I'd very much like too.
I got my ukulele about 2 years ago, but I've only really gotten into it over the past month, and now I play everyday. Anyone else have an instrument or two they play??
I play ukulele/guitar/bass, piano, flute and steel pan currently. Will play anything I can get my hands on if thereā€™s YouTube videos to learn.

I haven't touched them in years and probably have lost my chops, but I went to college on a music scholarship. I can play trumpet/coronet/fleugelhorn as well as electric bass and guitar, (that one poorly). I'm also a tenor and have perfect pitch, though that only really matters to musicians. I suppose I probably remember some piano too if I sit and mess with it enough. I'm a bad reader and prefer to play by ear and memorize because when I sight read I consistently transpose notes.

I haven't touched them in years and probably have lost my chops, but I went to college on a music scholarship. I can play trumpet/coronet/fleugelhorn as well as electric bass and guitar, (that one poorly). I'm also a tenor and have perfect pitch, though that only really matters to musicians. I suppose I probably remember some piano too if I sit and mess with it enough. I'm a bad reader and prefer to play by ear and memorize because when I sight read I consistently transpose notes.
I also play by ear! Yeah I did music theory exams but I just. cannot. sight. read. So I always had to ask what music we were
learning in advance to go listen to it before orchestra and sometimes I would transcribe it in letters on paper for myself

Back
Top Bottom