July 2022 Hatch-A-Long

Pics
Question for everyone....do yall find you end up with half dark chicks every hatch even when there are chances they could be lighter colored? Black or dark blue tends to be majority of my hatches from anywhere snd everywhere no matter how hard I try!

Random chance.

I *should* be getting mostly blues with equal parts of splash and black from my Australorps (plus a slight tilt to black due to Ludwig, but Rameses gets most of the action). I haven't gotten a splash yet.

Random chance.

I *should* be getting mostly blues with equal parts of splash and black from my Australorps (plus a slight tilt to black due to Ludwig, but Rameses gets most of the action). I haven't gotten a splash yet.
It does seem strange that you haven't had any yet. In my last several hatches, I should be getting more black than I have been, only one per hatch.🤷‍♀️
Maybe next time they will ALL be splash.🤞

It does seem strange that you haven't had any yet. In my last several hatches, I should be getting more black than I have been, only one per hatch.🤷‍♀️
Maybe next time they will ALL be splash.🤞

I probably won't hatch again until September unless I can convince one of my broodies to graft to the maternity ward nest. But I'll see.

Looks like my mystery chicks might be freebies. I asked Tractor Supply for a partial credit (because I still got 10 healthy chicks) or replacements next year (when I'll be doing chicks again) since it wasn't what I ordered. I guess its easier for them to just "cancel the order", even through I already received it, and issue a straight refund. I'm bummed I didn't get my white layers but TSC/Hoover's does seem to want to make this right.

These are very cute chicks though. Like Bob Ross said 'happy accident". Overall I'm looking forward to adding some to our flock.

EDIT: breeds they could be Starlight Green Egger, Prairie Bluebell Egger, Olive Egger, or Easter Egger.

Last edited:
Ok .... joke of a video but hey I'm really tired more ways than one so this is as good as it gets. These lils are super spunky and loud! Lol...and God knows I can't handle more than bout 7 at a time anyways.

Attachments

• 20220708_114233.jpg
    20220708_114233.jpg
    488.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 20220708_114314.jpg
    20220708_114314.jpg
    424.9 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom