Lethargic stumbling rooster PLEASE Help!!

Does anyone know how if DE has an expiration date? Or how long it is good for?
I have had some for 4 years. Is it still good or do I get new?

DE doesn't do anything for bugs. It's harmful to the lungs.
They don’t have the Permathrine… the other thing he said to use is Ivermectin- they have this. Would that work?
Also- it looks like the right leg of my too is in pain by the way he walks and stumbles sideways.

He is separate from the hens so we have the ability to give separate food. They can see each other everywhere in the run, chunnels, chicken tractors, coop and the hens can get to him, but he can’t get to them. The shells are given bc my daughter said it needs to be fair and if the hens wants some when they get over to him then they will have some. I didn’t think it would hurt if she wanted to put shells in there for him.
I forgot to mention- the hens have 2 waters- one with ACV and the other with rooster booster. Ollie, has one watered but it when it gets changed it is alternates with ACV and Rooster booster and plain water.
Fairness has nothing to do with it. Too much calcium can cause kidney problems in roosters.

Update: apologies that this sounds so harsh. It wasn't intentional. I hit submit without proofreading because I has having a hard time submitting the post.

Last edited:
Fairness has nothing to do with it. Too much calcium can cause kidney problems in roosters.
My daughter is six and she is all about fairness right now. He has a small bowl in there that he can have if he wants it. If he were with the hens he would still have free access to the shells. A rooster won’t eat the shells if he didn’t want them -if he were with the hens or not.
I don’t think that is the problem.

Back
Top Bottom