Looking For A list Of Best Mite Treatments For Chickens.

Pesticides, though, if you have the time, pet flea and tick shampoo works great, and is safer. Some people recommend sprinkling Diatomaceous earth, (DE,) in wherever they dust bathe, though I haven't personally tried this.
Lots of people on here say the DE dust does nothing for mites.

I'd rather not use cat, or dog flea treatments on my birds, it's actually more harmful.

Thanks for your suggestion though.

I recently did a treatment for mites. In the US we can buy permethrin it is for cattle, swine, dogs and poultry. It really worked well and wasn't as smelly as I expected. I have to treat again this week with it to get eggs that didn't die off in the first round and on the plus side there is no egg withdrawal with that stuff.

I recently did a treatment for mites. In the US we can buy permethrin it is for cattle, swine, dogs and poultry. It really worked well and wasn't as smelly as I expected. I have to treat again this week with it to get eggs that didn't die off in the first round and on the plus side there is no egg withdrawal with that stuff.
How is it used with poultry?

Bedding, roosts, and then on the birds. I just did a topside and ventral side treatment on mine with the mister aspect of the 1 gallon sprayer. But please don't trust me read the product insert that stuff can most likely cause harm if you do not read the instructions.
Okay.

I am in the camp as well that DE is just a BS new age feel good way to treat actual issues. Additionally those diatoms are well documented carcinogens. They are the cast off shells of marine microorganisms when they die. Sure they can and do disrupt cell walls due to their sharp spikes and geometry....they can also work that same magic inside an organism's lungs.

I am in the camp as well that DE is just a BS new age feel good way to treat actual issues. Additionally those diatoms are well documented carcinogens. They are the cast off shells of marine microorganisms when they die. Sure they can and do disrupt cell walls due to their sharp spikes and geometry....they can also work that same magic inside an organism's lungs.
I wonder who thought using this stuff would do any good anyway?

Back
Top Bottom