Looking for recommendations for Best High Quality BCM breeders (not hatchery)

SGH

Songster
6 Years
Jun 13, 2018
Gilbert, Arizona
I am wanting to purchase high quality FBCM chicks or hatching eggs. Looking for a breeder that has gorgeous birds that lay those darkest eggs. Willing to pay for quality

I am wanting to purchase high quality FBCM chicks or hatching eggs. Looking for a breeder that has gorgeous birds that lay those darkest eggs. Willing to pay for quality
I know https://www.dragonflyfarmnc.com/ has some pretty nice quality Marans, but I also know they went 'No shipping' with the Covid.
Depending on your location, maybe this is an option for you.

There's also a thread here about breeding Marans to SOP, maybe someone in there sells birds. :idunno

Following because I'd also like to know. I got one FBCM from Murray McMurray (she was supposed to be a roo because the females were all sold out, surprise she was female!), and she lays large chocolate colored eggs about a 9 on the color scale, which is awesome, but her regularity as a layer leaves a lot to be desired. I want FBCMs that lay large+ eggs at least every other day if not more often, AND have really dark eggs 9+ on the color scale. Also it would be nice if they met the breed standard for body type/shape and had copper in the neck. My female has a nice although not prize-winning body shape, and a copper neck, and all the lovely butt and feather floof one could want, if only I could get the other chickens to quit plucking out her feathers. She's the most docile chicken in the bunch, and removing the white leghorns to another run helped a lot, but she still looks more like a naked neck than a FBCM.

My FBCM hen went broody and I gave her eggs, but they all disappeared or didn't make it except for three. She wasn't the best broody or mother, but did okay - may have just been her. Also, my Starlight Green Egger broody is awesome at brooding and raising chicks, the FBCM may just have looked meh by comparison.

Back
Top Bottom