"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Good morning everyone! Got an all day birthday party to go to today. Yay. (Not)
Hope everyone has a great day!

Primrose mom: I love that your granddaughter helps you outside. I hate that more kids now days aren't like that.

PSJ. It really makes me happy. She will help build and do heavy work (moving coops around). She doesn't do the cleaning and feeding so much but that is totally cool because she sits out there and tries to make sure each one is petted while I do the work she doesn't like. That's important, keeps those critters tame. If she were at Kuntrygirl or Jeff's places, it would be a lifetime work to pet each critter. Lol. What's portant to me is that she is out there and knows how to take care of them. I explain what I'm doing and why. I am reminded just how special this is when she brings her friends over and they don't like the chicken yard at all and they're afraid of the animals. Sometimes we just sit out there and, literally, say,"it doesn't get better than this." She wants me to buy a farm and I would love to.
Can anyone tell me what kind of chickens these are? They have beards, the white one more than the grey one.

Also my salad bar made from old window screen is a huge hit with the bunnies and chickens. They've even made a path down the middle and like to hide on it. I also noticed a lot of grass and plants are starting to grow in the chicken yard, so I guess they don't have to eat every sprig that pops up now. Lol

Have a great Saturday and stay cool.

Last edited:
PSJ. It really makes me happy. She will help build and do heavy work (moving coops around). She doesn't do the cleaning and feeding so much but that is totally cool because she sits out there and tries to make sure each one is petted while I do the work she doesn't like. That's important, keeps those critters tame. If she were at Kuntrygirl or Jeff's places, it would be a lifetime work to pet each critter. Lol. What's portant to me is that she is out there and knows how to take care of them. I explain what I'm doing and why. I am reminded just how special this is when she brings her friends over and they don't like the chicken yard at all and they're afraid of the animals. Sometimes we just sit out there and, literally, say,"it doesn't get better than this." She wants me to buy a farm and I would love to.
Can anyone tell me what kind of chickens these are? They have beards, the white one more than the grey one.

Also my salad bar made from old window screen is a huge hit with the bunnies and chickens. They've even made a path down the middle and like to hide on it. I also noticed a lot of grass and plants are starting to grow in the chicken yard, so I guess they don't have to eat every sprig that pops up now. Lol

I'm not sure if they are pure, but maybe an ameraucana cross? that's what I would think anyway since they have beards.

Cute chickies Prim!

PSJ its awful hot for an ALL day party. Stay cool and have fun.

We drug the kids out of bed early to go to Inglewood this am. My MIL usually goes, but since her surgery.....she is going to have to take it easy for awhile. So we got to have goats milk in or coffee this morning

Since I'm still not having any luck, I'm going to post here. I've been looking for about 4 pullets. I'm looking in the Lafayette and surrounding areas. I've been all over craigslist and have feelers out from some friends, but not getting any results.

I'd like possibly a few orpingtons and maybe a Black Australorp or two. I really don't want to deal with chicks again for such a small number. I'd like something in the range of a couple of months to a year.

I do see that there will be a swap at the Breaux Bridge Tractor Supply. Does anyone know if they usually have older chickens are is it usually just fresh chicks?

Last edited:
Since I'm still not having any luck, I'm going to post here. I've been looking for about 4 pullets. I'm looking in the Lafayette and surrounding areas. I've been all over craigslist and have feelers out from some friends, but not getting any results.

I'd like possibly a few orpingtons and maybe a Black Australorp or two. I really don't want to deal with chicks again for such a small number. I'd like something in the range of a couple of months to a year.

I do see that there will be a swap at the Breaux Bridge Tractor Supply. Does anyone know if they usually have older chickens are is it usually just fresh chicks?

I have seen some posted in the last few days on fb. You may have to request to be added to the group, but they usually do it right away. You can search for similar type pages. Its a great place for people in the same communities to be able to connect when they have livestock to buy, sell or trade.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/516489811707797/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/louisianapoultrylivestockswap/

Cute chickies Prim!

PSJ its awful hot for an ALL day party. Stay cool and have fun.

We drug the kids out of bed early to go to Inglewood this am. My MIL usually goes, but since her surgery.....she is going to have to take it easy for awhile. So we got to have goats milk in or coffee this morning
Aww - you should've stopped by & said "hi"!!! I was up early (may not have been home when you came by, actually - was making a Walmart run) & I had to go into my office at 10 to finish payroll.
Anyway, hope you waved when you drove by!!!

Aww - you should've stopped by & said "hi"!!! I was up early (may not have been home when you came by, actually - was making a Walmart run) & I had to go into my office at 10 to finish payroll.
Anyway, hope you waved when you drove by!!!
We did indeed wave as we went by. But hubby was in a hurry to get back here to mow and do yard work. And by golly we were mean parents again and made those girls help do some weeding! Haha! I slyly asked hubby a couple of questions about the little green house he is making me. After mowing ours and the neighbors yard he went right to work getting those windows into the greenhouse. My plan worked!! (Insert sweet innocent giggle here)
frow.gif
Grilling up some food and keeping my hydrated and a little helper close at hand. Smart lady I do believe ;)

Gosh I hope he isn't putting of assignments to do what he is doing.........

They are super pretty!
The white one looks like a splash ameraucana (color of feet and soles of feet would help- as would egg color-blue for ameraucanas and green,among others for EE's)

The other one...looks like it has green feet but could be lighting. Looks like a Blue ameraucana. Feet & egg color help determine EE but...EE CAN still have correct leg and sole colors.

Tha
They are super pretty!
The white one looks like a splash ameraucana (color of feet and soles of feet would help- as would egg color-blue for ameraucanas and green,among others for EE's)

The other one...looks like it has green feet but could be lighting. Looks like a Blue ameraucana. Feet & egg color help determine EE but...EE CAN still have correct leg and sole colors.
[/quote

Thanks, guys. What is the difference between Ameraucana and EE? Do you think these will lay colored eggs?

Back
Top Bottom