"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Oh poor baby with the broken tail! I didn't even know such a thing could happen :(

Hope we get to see the chicks anperrin when they hatch!

I cannot even believe how tired I am! What a day! We canned, picked, did chores, made brownies, dishes, laundry, started some BBQ sauce to be canned tomorrow........Oh my goodness.

I am kind of concerned about my sassy Tiny. He is my Cochin roo. When we went check on them and give them some tomato trimmings his comb was a little funny colored towards the back end of it, like a darker, maybe even purplish color. I hope he doesn't kick the bucket! I sure would miss that little fluff ball. We love to see his sassy little dance. And he LOVES the little bantam we got from Terri. He kicks the other bantams off the perch on whatever side he wants for the two of them.

~~Chicken Romance~~

Oh, and btw. To end my day I ran some of those fresh brownies to the sweet MIL that had surgery on her shoulder........unknowingly dropped my phone in the driveway, and ran over it. Nice, crazy, cracked up screen. I can't believe it still works with the Otter box still on. I bet if I take the Otter box off the whole screen would just fall out in pieces. Wow! I just don't know what to think about that.

Todays 8 jars of spicy salsa. Yowza! Yummy but hot!

Awww hope he's fine soon and just bruised it? Sorry bout your phone. I have an otterbox hehehe haven't ran it over yet but I've dropped it down 3 flights of stairs :/ still works! I love it. I laughed so hard when you said the screen would fall out without it. My hubby jokes with me saying when mine comes of it'll be a pile of crumbles
Oh poor baby with the broken tail! I didn't even know such a thing could happen :( Hope we get to see the chicks anperrin when they hatch! I cannot even believe how tired I am! What a day! We canned, picked, did chores, made brownies, dishes, laundry, started some BBQ sauce to be canned tomorrow........Oh my goodness. I am kind of concerned about my sassy Tiny. He is my Cochin roo. When we went check on them and give them some tomato trimmings his comb was a little funny colored towards the back end of it, like a darker, maybe even purplish color. I hope he doesn't kick the bucket! I sure would miss that little fluff ball. We love to see his sassy little dance. And he LOVES the little bantam we got from Terri. He kicks the other bantams off the perch on whatever side he wants for the two of them. ~~Chicken Romance~~ Oh, and btw. To end my day I ran some of those fresh brownies to the sweet MIL that had surgery on her shoulder........unknowingly dropped my phone in the driveway, and ran over it. Nice, crazy, cracked up screen. I can't believe it still works with the Otter box still on. I bet if I take the Otter box off the whole screen would just fall out in pieces. Wow! I just don't know what to think about that.

I hope that everyone had a great weekend. A lot of chatter on the thread. I will have to go back and catch up.

I had a LONG 3 day weekend. I was off on Friday and was in Morehouse Parish visiting farms. We got back about 7:00PM. I was running on about 6 hours of sleep over the course of 3 days, so I was exhausted. I completed all of my chores and ran to bed.

I was suppose to go to Terri's house to pick figs from her fig tree but I was physically unable to go. I would have fallen asleep on the highway. So, I slept late (9:30 AM) :D. Woke up and went to a relative's relative funeral and then back home. I stopped off at another relative's house to visit him and I noticed that his neighbor had a bunch fig trees with figs on it. So, I dropped by and asked his neighbor if I could pick some of his figs. He told me yes and to pick EVERYTHING on the tree and to come back and pick every day until they are all gone . He said that he was tired of seeing those figs. :gig So, I went home and changed clothes and put on my boot covers (he has chickens as well and I didnt' want to bring any disease back to my house) and I went back to pick figs. After feeling all itchy and tired, I left there with 11 gallons of figs. :th I don't want to see any more figs for a while or perhaps next week when I go back. :gig So, I cleaned all of them except 1 gallon, in which I used to do my fig wine experiment. Not sure how this wine will come out. :/ Oh one of my fig trees that someone bought from me from Breaux Bridge is finally producing a few figs. If I can get the darn animals to stop eating the leaves, then I think I would see more fruit. :mad:

Some of the figs that I picked.

Start of Fig Wine

Started Peach & Nectarine Wine on Thursday.

One of my Fig Trees

Was able to get a pic of the 1st muscovys that were hatched without my consent and permission. They are 6 weeks old and growing very well.

This girl LOVES watermelon. I cannot get her to stop eating it. She will eat every watermelon and not allow anyone else to eat any.

The Peacocks are dropping their tails and I am so happy. Breeding and laying season is almost over. I HOPE !!!!!! :weee If I see another pea egg, I will SCREAM! :barnie

I think that's all for now.

Have a great day ya'll!!! :frow

I hope that everyone had a great weekend. A lot of chatter on the thread. I will have to go back and catch up.

I had a LONG 3 day weekend. I was off on Friday and was in Morehouse Parish visiting farms. We got back about 7:00PM. I was running on about 6 hours of sleep over the course of 3 days, so I was exhausted. I completed all of my chores and ran to bed.

I was suppose to go to Terri's house to pick figs from her fig tree but I was physically unable to go. I would have fallen asleep on the highway. So, I slept late (9:30 AM) :D. Woke up and went to a relative's relative funeral and then back home. I stopped off at another relative's house to visit him and I noticed that his neighbor had a bunch fig trees with figs on it. So, I dropped by and asked his neighbor if I could pick some of his figs. He told me yes and to pick EVERYTHING on the tree and to come back and pick every day until they are all gone . He said that he was tired of seeing those figs. :gig So, I went home and changed clothes and put on my boot covers (he has chickens as well and I didnt' want to bring any disease back to my house) and I went back to pick figs. After feeling all itchy and tired, I left there with 11 gallons of figs. :th I don't want to see any more figs for a while or perhaps next week when I go back. :gig So, I cleaned all of them except 1 gallon, in which I used to do my fig wine experiment. Not sure how this wine will come out. :/ Oh one of my fig trees that someone bought from me from Breaux Bridge is finally producing a few figs. If I can get the darn animals to stop eating the leaves, then I think I would see more fruit. :mad:

Start of Fig Wine

One of my Fig Trees

Was able to get a pic of the 1st muscovys that were hatched without my consent and permission. They are 6 weeks old and growing very well.

This girl LOVES watermelon. I cannot get her to stop eating it. She will eat every watermelon and not allow anyone else to eat any.

The Peacocks are dropping their tails and I am so happy. Breeding and laying season is almost over. I HOPE !!!!!! :weee If I see another pea egg, I will SCREAM! :barnie

Have a great day ya'll!!! :frow

Kuntrygirl I think you may need help drinking all that wine. Lol. Hint hint. Lol

Holy cow kuntrygirl! That's a lot of figs! Every year we search around trying to find someone that doest want theirs so I can make jam. Our favorite has chopped candied ginger bits and orange zest. Yummy, yummy! I make the candied ginger. Btw that sheep cracked me up. Is it just me or is it fat?

I was suppose to go to Terri's house to pick figs from her fig tree but I was physically unable to go. I would have fallen asleep on the highway. So, I slept late (9:30 AM)
big_smile.png
. Woke up and went to a relative's relative funeral and then back home. I stopped off at another relative's house to visit him and I noticed that his neighbor had a bunch fig trees with figs on it. So, I dropped by and asked his neighbor if I could pick some of his figs. He told me yes and to pick EVERYTHING on the tree and to come back and pick every day until they are all gone . He said that he was tired of seeing those figs.
gig.gif
So, I went home and changed clothes and put on my boot covers (he has chickens as well and I didnt' want to bring any disease back to my house) and I went back to pick figs. After feeling all itchy and tired, I left there with 11 gallons of figs.
th.gif
I don't want to see any more figs for a while or perhaps next week when I go back.
gig.gif
So, I cleaned all of them except 1 gallon, in which I used to do my fig wine experiment. Not sure how this wine will come out.
hmm.png
Oh one of my fig trees that someone bought from me from Breaux Bridge is finally producing a few figs. If I can get the darn animals to stop eating the leaves, then I think I would see more fruit.
somad.gif

Start of Fig Wine

One of my Fig Trees

The Peacocks are dropping their tails and I am so happy. Breeding and laying season is almost over. I HOPE !!!!!!
wee.gif
If I see another pea egg, I will SCREAM!
barnie.gif

Have a great day ya'll!!!
frow.gif
Wow! I'm tired just from reading that. Love the pea feathers.. so pretty!

Oh my YUM! Looks great! So jealous lol
My tomatoes all flowered and then stuck it to me and didn't fruit (fall crop I await for now I guess lol) but my purple tomatillos have been going nuts. Can't wait to make salsa with them.
Thank you! So I can be jealous when you make up your tomatillo salsa. Mine has like maybe 10 hahaha! I'm hoping it will set more on. They actually volunteered from last year. I guess the tiny bees finally found the bc there hasn't been any until just recently. Tons of flowers though.

Back
Top Bottom