"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Catching up:

Glad Buck (king of the fuzzy females) is back home and no hair pulling had to happen!
New Ducks are gorgeous!!!

So sorry about your bad leg baby.... I used the q-tip brace on m[ine, and so far it is still doing good. Tho, I did place him and only 2 more in a birdcage... did better since then.

Prim... your just too sweet. One day you may need assistance with something... and I bet you'll be astonished how many remember and show up for you.... my best to you always...

HELLO AND WELCOME NEWBIES!!!

SCABIES: in case needed in the future: pour 1/3 of a big bottle of CHLOROX 2 in bathtub. Rub well into skin while soaking for 30 minutes. All gone... Several people can use same tub water.Just don't pee in it... ?!! Don't use soap, shampoo, or anything else. Will not harm your natural hair if u dip once n rub in well.... i have no knowledge of effects on colored hair tho...

I AM NPIP CERTIFIED! All chickens tested and cleared! Apparently she was the lady in charge of all NPIP reports/workers in Louisiana...
Such a nice gal. Was very helpful and informative... passed on a few tips, asked a ton of questions and acted happy to test all of mine since I had never done it before. Though she did tell me... the disease should and would pass to all chickens quite quickly, so testing like people's main Rooster and a few hens should be good enough. But the size I plan on keeping fulltime (25) she tested them all and told me for the eggs I sell to the public/pals, all hens involved and the Roos I keep in the future i should have tested...
Apparently the disease affects their laying fertilization capabilities. So cool...
Now the chicks I started selling this year, she recommended I have all tested since I could correctly state with proof that all possible parents have been individually tested and certified NPIP approved.
For those who haven't done it yet, only age 4 months and older can be tested.

And YES, I left them in the coop and caught each one for her... only took a quick prick and blood absorption and they were free... to stay mad at me ALL day long! LOL
But a very nice experience...

I guess I wasn't the only one to get a kick out of the MPC email today! I laughed hysterically...then thought about buying one :/
I know. Cute aren't they. I already have the metal 30" plant holders and chain bought to put mine up. I just need to find a 2' or so log to attach them together. I'm not in that great a hurry because my babies are only 9 days old.
gig.gif
That and a cute little mirror so they can preen.

Last edited:
I AM NPIP CERTIFIED! All chickens tested and cleared! Apparently she was the lady in charge of all NPIP reports/workers in Louisiana...
Such a nice gal. Was very helpful and informative... passed on a few tips, asked a ton of questions and acted happy to test all of mine since I had never done it before. Though she did tell me... the disease should and would pass to all chickens quite quickly, so testing like people's main Rooster and a few hens should be good enough. But the size I plan on keeping fulltime (25) she tested them all and told me for the eggs I sell to the public/pals, all hens involved and the Roos I keep in the future i should have tested...
Apparently the disease affects their laying fertilization capabilities. So cool...
Now the chicks I started selling this year, she recommended I have all tested since I could correctly state with proof that all possible parents have been individually tested and certified NPIP approved.

And YES, I left them in the coop and caught each one for her... only took a quick prick and blood absorption and they were free... to stay mad at me ALL day long! LOL
ya.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif

Woohoo Congrats. Honey You deserve it. Such a hard worker!!

I AM NPIP CERTIFIED!  All chickens tested and cleared!  Apparently she was the lady in charge of all NPIP reports/workers in Louisiana... 
Such a nice gal. Was very helpful and informative... passed on a few tips, asked a ton of questions and acted happy to test all of mine since I had never done it before. Though she did tell me... the disease should and would pass to all chickens quite quickly, so testing like people's main Rooster and a few hens should be good enough.  But the size I plan on keeping fulltime (25) she tested them all and told me for the eggs I sell to the public/pals, all hens involved and the Roos I keep in the future i should have tested...  
Now the chicks I started selling this year, she recommended I have all tested since I could correctly state with proof that all possible parents have been individually tested and certified NPIP approved.  

And YES, I left them in the coop and caught each one for her... only took a quick prick and blood absorption and they were free... to stay mad at me ALL day long!   LOL

Yea! Thanks for the info. I'll need it done in about 5 months. Hope your sunburn is better.

What's the price on the testing. Fees? Thanks
pop.gif

What's the price on the testing.  Fees?    Thanks   :pop

The testing is free! Contact information is below if anyone is interested.

Michael Barrington, DVM

Louisiana Department of Agriculture and Forestry
Area I Veterinary Medical Officer
Director, Poultry Diagnostic Laboratory
3520 Hwy 79
Homer, Louisiana 71040
318-927-3441 or fax 927-3440
[email protected]

You can also speak to Linzi Poole at the same office. [email protected]

Last edited:
I AM NPIP CERTIFIED!  All chickens tested and cleared!  Apparently she was the lady in charge of all NPIP reports/workers in Louisiana... 
Such a nice gal. Was very helpful and informative... passed on a few tips, asked a ton of questions and acted happy to test all of mine since I had never done it before. Though she did tell me... the disease should and would pass to all chickens quite quickly, so testing like people's main Rooster and a few hens should be good enough.  But the size I plan on keeping fulltime (25) she tested them all and told me for the eggs I sell to the public/pals, all hens involved and the Roos I keep in the future i should have tested...  
Now the chicks I started selling this year, she recommended I have all tested since I could correctly state with proof that all possible parents have been individually tested and certified NPIP approved.  

And YES, I left them in the coop and caught each one for her... only took a quick prick and blood absorption and they were free... to stay mad at me ALL day long!   LOL

Thank you for sharing you're experience and congratulations! I also want to go down this road once all my babies are grown out.

Sorry been slammed with work of all kinds today and limited service
th.gif
hard to catch up
smile.png
thank you so much everyone.

I did ODB my buck back! He won't be leaving again, girls can come to him. But it did work out! I went over today and collected him. I was nice. She was nice. Said he escaped her breeding pen and they penned him up safely before night fall. :hmm He was ok, I was paranoid mama ready to go on a recovery mission
lau.gif
sad.png
he has a little ear nick and some pee stains
hmm.png
but he will clean up just fine. I'm sure all men are a lil worse for wear after an extended weekend with 6 ladies
gig.gif

Glad you got him back home safe!

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!! Isn't it a good feeling!!!!

I remember being so nervous when I first got tested. It was a piece of cake. I was nervous for nothing. The vet that does mine is sooooooo nice. I"m glad that Louisiana offers this to poulty peeps. :)

Back
Top Bottom