"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Thank you all SO much - you have NO idea how much I appreciate you guys. Ya'll are the best! Vet just called & the pups made it through w/no problems & I can leave at 3 & go get them. My Mom was dehydrated -- good thing to remember for all of us w/summer coming - the older you get the more you need to stay hydrated - her Dr told her he wanted both of them to stop every hour & take a few sips of water or whatever. Now to just hear from Jim.

Great news. Now one more piece of good news from your hubby and it will be a home run. So glad you get to pick your fur kids up today! Pam

I would like to know who worms their chickens, how often & what product you use.

If you don't mind sharing how you handle this with your flock.......thanks!

I cook up some grits for the girls. Add Cheyenne pepper to it until it looks rusty. Lat it cool. They devour it and u ou can still eat the eggs. No waiting time. I do it 2x s a year. Young and old

I do this. Works well. I add a lot of chopped garlic to the grits cayenne pepper and pumpkin seeds every fall as a seasonal natural wormer. Haven't had an issue. Love that its all natural and we tease each other about the "preseasoning" lol
I cook up some grits for the girls. Add Cheyenne pepper to it until it looks rusty. Lat it cool. They devour it and u ou can still eat the eggs. No waiting time. I do it 2x s a year. Young and old

That's so cool! Good price hunting! I love good customer service too!!
You should totally see if you can leave them a good review. :)
FYI. I had to by a cord for my laptop. To replace my cord hp wanted 60 bucks plus tax and shipping . My cord has to pieces. So after getting told they weren't in stock and going from co. to co. I was given the number to Trademoon.com. They had my part it stock it was 8 dollars no shipping or tax. I couldn't believe it . So 2 days later I get my cord it's the wrong half of the cord and it's my fault that I got the wrong cord. So I called them and told them what happened so I could order the rite cord. It cost 40 bucks again no shipping or tax now here's the above and beyond part they deducted the cord I didn't need and was my fault I got the wrong one. So if you need parts etc. use this co. Their price was lower than other company's my cord arrived two days after I ordered it. Told me to keep the part I didn't need and deducted the price of that cord from the one I need. I don't know about you but I haven't had customer service like that in a very long time. Pam

My broody EE Blue is laying again! And still taking care of the other chicks and chickens :bun

I would like to know who worms their chickens, how often & what product you use.

If you don't mind sharing how you handle this with your flock.......thanks!

This is the schedule I use:
WORMING SCHEDULE FOR CHICKENS​

WORM 4 TIMES A YEAR, EVERY 3 MONTHS.
ROTATE: WAZINE, IVOMEC, SAFEGUARD, VALBAZEN
DO NOT HAVE TO TOSS EGGS WHEN USING IVOMEC.
ALL OTHERS, TOSS EGGS FOR 2 WEEKS AFTER.

IVOMEC INJECTABLE (WHICH DOES NOT CONTAIN OIL & IS THEREFORE WATER SOLUBLE) 1% SOLUTION:

MIX 4 CC PER GALLON OF WATER (12 CC FOR A 3 GALLON WATERER) FOR 2 DAYS. MAKE A FRESH BATCH EA DAY.

IVERMECTRIN .5% USE 8 CC PER GALLON OF WATER.

TREAT AGAIN IN 2 WEEKS IF TREATING FOR LICE/MITES.

DRAW IT OUT, PUT IN WATERER & USE HOSE TO FILL UP & MIX WELL.

OTHERS FOLLOW DIRECTIONS ON LABEL.

SAFEGUARD 10% SUSPENSION LIQUID FOR GOATS: 3 CC PER GALLON OF WATER.

For new birds/babies:
My first worming I use wazine and then during the necessary re-dose (you must always repeat piperazine worming) use the stronger wormer. Then I use the stronger wormer twice annually for those birds thereafter
I worm chicks at four months with ivermectin and put them in rotation with the adults for twice yearly. If on “old ground” start with Wazine

The quest plus and zimectrin gold are pastes also for horses. Both contain praziquantel, used to kill tapeworms. The zimectrin gold also contains ivermectin. Dosage for both wormers is "BB" size for each chicken, both are inexpensive. Put on piece of bread & feed it to them individually. First time worming; I recommend wazine first, then use one of the other wormers 10-14 days later.

For peas, same dosage as chickens (3 cc per gallon of water) use safeguard then a
2 week break, than Ivomec.

Good morning peeps. It's Friday !!!! I had several nights this week where I went to bed anywhere from 1:00 AM - 3:00 AM and had to wake up at 5:00 AM, so you know I am happy it's the end of the week. :ya

My bottle fed babies are up to 5 bottles of milk for each feeding and their appetites are increasing. I was looking for baby bottles and I was lucky enough to find a very nice lady who will sell 2 Wal Mart bags full and 1 box of bottles to me for $7.00. I'm not sure how many bottles it will be total but it will be cheaper than if I had to buy that same amount in the store. When I first bought bottles last year, I didn't realize that bottles were expensive - well $1.00 a bottle is expensive to me. Anyway, I bought a few but I need more so that I can have at least 9 bottles prepared when I go out to feed. They will go through the milk replacer like crazy and that stuff ain't cheap. :hit I had 3/4 a bag of milk replacer left over from last year, which was a blessing. They have already gone through that bad 3 days ago and have started on their 2nd bag. I am feeding them 3 times a day during the week and 4 - 5 times on the weekends. I will soon have to fill up (i'm sure) at least 16 bottles per feeding every time I go out there. I guess I"ll have to carry them out in a milk crate and set it on the side of me and as soon as they finish one bottle, get another bottle. :( Two more months of this. :hit I am going to try my best to wean them off of this milk.

ETA: She just dropped off the bottles.

When I get home, I will be cleaning and sanitizing them so they will be USKG approved before I let my lamb use them. I may have to price the nipples alone. I'm not comfortable with my lamb sucking on re-used nipples. Nonetheless, I'm glad I have more bottles.

Went to Tractor Supply yesterday and noticed they have poultry waterers on sale. The big 5 gallon waterer is on sale for $29.99. The regular price is $39.99. That is a $10.00 savings. I already have 1 just like that and I will be buying another one. If I could afford to buy 2, I would but I can only afford 1 at this time. With the summer time upon us, I know animals drink more water in the warmer/hotter months. So, if anyone needs one, please check it out. Too bad I don't have any coupons. :(

I baked another one of my broilers last night and that baby was finger licking good. I had seasoned it the night before to let the season soak in overnight and all day. I had tons of garlic powder on and in it. :drool

Have a wet, oops, I mean good day y'all. ;)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom