Meet the "Warlander" a new fad breed of horse

I think it was because of how Morgan horse showing had changed, toward a 'as much saddlebred-y as a morgan can be' kind of slant.

Quote:
No, it's the trend for all saddleseat horses to LOOK like Saddlebreds without actually being saddlebreds. The Arab world is breeding a lot of them. You no longer have the type, soundness and conformation of the older "desert" style Arabs.

PineHaven Farms in Midland was another violator. Midland is a big country in central Michigan--lots of Arabian and dressage farms there. The guy who owned PineHaven was breeding his Morgan mares to Saddlebreds and falsified papers, wrote different sires down than what actually sired the foals. The Morgan registry has gone through the wringer lately.

Also, doesn't the Andalusian & Lusitano association IALHA, allow for "half" the way the Arab assoc. does? Aren't there classes for Half-Andalusians and Half-Lusitanos?

Also, doesn't the Andalusian & Lusitano association IALHA, allow for "half" the way the Arab assoc. does? Aren't there classes for Half-Andalusians and Half-Lusitanos?

They do accept half Andalusians and half Lusitanos. They are beautiful horses and yes, they do have classes for them. I think they have to be bloodtyped or DNA hair samples to get papers on them.

Doesn't anyone breed Arabians in old classic type????? I am afraid with all those Saddlebreds in place, we might lose out the old Egyptian/Crabbet looks.

The QH losing the bulldog type that Poco Bueno, King was so famous for.

The TB seems to be consisent in type and getting taller but more fragile. Disaster waiting to happen.

Last edited:
Quote:
We ARE going to lose the Crabbet lines and soon. I never see any advertised any more. My friend has a stallion who is 4th generation Raffles, a direct line that has just about disappeared.

OH NO! Not the Crabbet lines! I remember pouring hours over the books, looking at Lady Crabbet and Skowronek and Arabians that were called "Indian (name)".

I remember a breeder in Iowa that raises Davenport Arabians and she bred only 100% Crabbet lines (or much later, crossed to newer English Arabians).

Doesn't Europe have any of the Crabbet horses left? I know they were popular breeding to Spanish Arabian horses and Russians.

My old gelding, had 15 times to Raffles and looked like Raffles in plain form, including flea bitten grey LOL. Little Farm's Ranger was his name....wondered how long he lived to be.

Last edited:
I imagine there are some Crabbet lines in British Isles and Australia, but here in the US there is no demand for them anymore. People instead want Polish/Russian/Domestic lines so long as it either looks like a deer for halter or moves like a Hackney for under saddle. There's a few Crabbet horses doing endurance, but I know one died last fall, I sold my other one to a pet home (sired by friend's Crabbet stallion).

My personal preference is for a Crabbet/Polish cross. To me, those horses are perfect for just about anything and still look like Arabs.

I like the Egyptian Crabbet crosses but not so "dry" like Ansata which they are so "desert" like Arabians. Two different strains would produce two different looks.

HOw in the heck did we stray from the OP's comments??? Sorry!! I think Welsummerchicks had a post about these types of conversations.

Back
Top Bottom