Muscovy ducks and nesting.

Well if Lucky is a drake maybe he will be to your Swedish drake like my Muscovy drake is to my Runner drake just ignores him. Now if it was another Muscovy they would be fighting like crazy once hormones start flowing My gander and Muscovy drake are my 2 stinkers.

Might want to consider getting Lucky a few females of his own so he'll leave the other 3 females alone my Scovy drake pays no attention to The Runner Buffs females either. He loves his girls though.

Would love to, but i doubt i will be getting many more ducks. Might hatch a few of the mallard types and rotate ducks through the years. Unfortunately I dont have acreage for a big flock.

My 28 chickens 2 geese and 12 ducks are on half acre doesn't sound like a lot but it really is we have 10.5 acres but living on the side of a mountain we can't afford to fence in more.

I was just thinking if Lucky had his own girls he might not mess with your Swedish drakes lil harem. lol

lol maybe, so far my drake doesnt seem to be bothering any of the girls. They mount each other to show him what to do and he just sits in the kiddie pool.

Back
Top Bottom