My bantam brahma got stuck can't stand

White Pigeon Estates

In the Brooder
Aug 1, 2017
I found my 7 month rooster stuck between a cage and the wall. If he stands he falls over forward to the right. I wrapped his wing to his chest and then like a football in a warm towel, medicated with the aspirin recipe 5 tablets in a gallon of water in syringe form. No broken bones no blood no bruising anywhere I can see -it would be greenish right? It's been 24 hrs and he still won't eat or wake for longer than a minute. Is the sleepiness from the aspirin water? Does he have a disease or internal damage I could feel for? I originally thought he dislocated his shoulder but now I have no clue. I am new to chickens so you could imagine how sad and scared I am for Copper. You really do get attached very quickly.

Was he upside down when you found him? That can knock them for six.
Yes he certainly is the right age for Marek's and it is the sort of thing that happens... they overbalance and get stuck somewhere a healthy chicken would not. But there is not enough information other symptoms to be sure yet. I would give him a poultry vitamin supplement like Nutri Drench and if he is not able to stand or maintain himself in an upright position, make him a chicken sling....
1089171-e1c404263f4118ae8043d4ea9d976c4a.jpg

Yes he certainly is the right age for Marek's and it is the sort of thing that happens... they overbalance and get stuck somewhere a healthy chicken would not. But there is not enough information other symptoms to be sure yet. I would give him a poultry vitamin supplement like Nutri Drench and if he is not able to stand or maintain himself in an upright position, make him a chicken sling....
That's the easiest-to-make sling I've seen to date! I'm learning so much today.

I can do that for sure.

Back
Top Bottom