New Rooster crow dampening, noise reducing device

Pics

Dr H the Rooster Saver

In the Brooder
Jul 21, 2020
Hey all, I am a passionate backyard chicken farmer, and over the last couple years I designed and perfected a simple “device” that dramatically dampens a rooster’s crow to a level that is much quieter than a squawking hen. It is easy to apply. It does not choke the rooster in any way, unlike traditional collars. It doesn’t interfere with their movement, ability to mate, etc. In other words, it humanely and consistently SOLVES the rooster crowing dilemma for urban and suburban chicken owners everywhere.

I created it in order to be able to keep my own roosters that I hatched from eggs when we got attached to them. I have had the “device” on them on for over a year, and my neighbor’s never even knew they were free ranging out back just 15 yards away.

I won’t go into the details, but my solution was not very intuitive and took a ton of trial and error.

What kind of demand do you all think there would be for this sort of product? How would I go about convincing people it is actually humane and saves the lives of roosters (and the heartbreak of chicken owners who have to give them up)? I know there is always a lot of controversy about traditional collars, and I made sure that my design was as comfortable as possible. And it will NOT choke your rooster 😁

-Aaron Heerboth

What kind of demand do you all think there would be for this sort of product?
If it is humane and works, I imagine there would be a huge demand.
would be for this sort of product? How would I go about convincing people it is actually humane
Some videos of the product on your own birds would help, as well as reviews from product testers. Have some of your friends try it, sell them for cheap to product testers, etc, to get some reviews.

:welcome I think that there would be a large demand for such an effective and safe device. Videos of roosters crowing, free ranging, mating, going about their daily routines.
[/QUOTE
:welcome I think that there would be a large demand for such an effective and safe device. Videos of roosters crowing, free ranging, mating, going about their daily routines.
i have multiple videos, but I just have to be careful about what is shown until I get a patent. However, I don’t want to go through the effort of patenting and launching unless there is clear demand. For example, how many backyard chicken farmers with hens would WANT and get a rooster if they could keep it quietly? And still have it be a happy, healthy, unrestricted rooster.

BD1D6980-B224-47E2-9233-0EFF5891D848.jpeg

Intentionally you can’t see the device here but you can see the proud rooster with his flock. My yard is a total mess in this pic, but you can see the grey house is our neighbor and they are quite close. I live in Southern California so houses are quite close together. Yet the roosters are never a problem 😁

366F636B-8D75-470A-AF9C-FF8EAE03A0CD.jpeg

4BB896ED-E1A6-4671-A637-DE01E1A3C4B8.jpeg

rooster out and about with a couple different batches of chicks. He’s the proud father (he thinks anyway, but they aren’t all his hehe)

Attachments

• 356E33E7-A03B-49C4-A2B4-5233DA8EA40D.jpeg
    356E33E7-A03B-49C4-A2B4-5233DA8EA40D.jpeg
    650 KB · Views: 15
  • 0361182C-A05F-4E01-A7FC-2439C8ED3DB9.jpeg
    0361182C-A05F-4E01-A7FC-2439C8ED3DB9.jpeg
    334.3 KB · Views: 17
  • D6C5DD83-3D53-4BA5-B470-01151399BDF1.jpeg
    D6C5DD83-3D53-4BA5-B470-01151399BDF1.jpeg
    459.3 KB · Views: 22

Back
Top Bottom