New Rooster crow dampening, noise reducing device

Hey all, I am a passionate backyard chicken farmer, and over the last couple years I designed and perfected a simple “device” that dramatically dampens a rooster’s crow to a level that is much quieter than a squawking hen. It is easy to apply. It does not choke the rooster in any way, unlike traditional collars. It doesn’t interfere with their movement, ability to mate, etc. In other words, it humanely and consistently SOLVES the rooster crowing dilemma for urban and suburban chicken owners everywhere.

I created it in order to be able to keep my own roosters that I hatched from eggs when we got attached to them. I have had the “device” on them on for over a year, and my neighbor’s never even knew they were free ranging out back just 15 yards away.

I won’t go into the details, but my solution was not very intuitive and took a ton of trial and error.

What kind of demand do you all think there would be for this sort of product? How would I go about convincing people it is actually humane and saves the lives of roosters (and the heartbreak of chicken owners who have to give them up)? I know there is always a lot of controversy about traditional collars, and I made sure that my design was as comfortable as possible. And it will NOT choke your rooster 😁

-Aaron Heerboth
You can count me in for 2 of them!

How exactly does it work?
I want one! Lol I'll be your first costumer
Altoona, you can be the first to get a free home
Made demo version as soon as I file for a patent! My plan I think is just to license the patent to a pet product company or investor. I am a full time ER physician so I don’t have the time or energy to launch a business during the pandemic. I barely have the energy to do my patent application haha

Some of these replies are happening fast, but once the time comes, any collar from me would be free in exchange for sending me a video of your rooster using it and/or providing some feedback. Ease of application, apparent comfort, efficacy, etc. It is super easy for me to apply solo but ya never know. Similarly, different roosters may respond differently, but it does seem universally effective if the sizing is correct and my roosters don’t even seem to notice it after the first hour or two

Some of these replies are happening fast, but once the time comes, any collar from me would be free in exchange for sending me a video of your rooster using it and/or providing some feedback. Ease of application, apparent comfort, efficacy, etc. It is super easy for me to apply solo but ya never know. Similarly, different roosters may respond differently, but it does seem universally effective if the sizing is correct and my roosters don’t even seem to notice it after the first hour or two
That is mighty nice of you, again no problem making a video. Thank You!

I would love to buy/review one myself, too! But I'm running out of time quickly. My kids' favorite chick ended up a rooster, and he's probably going to crow any day/week now. Some of his hatch-mates already did, and met their end. If such a thing existed before this guy started crowing, I would love to give it a try!

P.S. This is probably going to be a big swath of your target demographic - people who fell in love with a chick and it ended up a rooster, but they can't keep him because of noise. The favorite chick somehow tends to end up a rooster more often than is fair...

Back
Top Bottom