NY chicken lover!!!!

Okk just real quick for anyone who cares.

I'm home with two doz. eggs. RIR and BBS and 5 silkie eggs poss. more porceline to go into the incu asap. Probably tomorrow. Went through security and the wiped each egg for explosives and then wand scanned them. No xray. Birmingham. folks very nice. gave the guy my card with byc written on the back.

That's it for now.

rancher

keep your fingers crossed. Gotta go make a tin foil hat for when I set the silkie eggs.

Quote:
If this is in regards to the goats I mentioned I was just passing on information that was given to me. I believe the goats are from a school project and they were hopeful that the goats would go to good homes. Sorry, if I was incorrect for posting the information or misleading someone. I also know very little about the goats. I assumed if someone was interested I would pass on the information and they would go from there. Thanks for the information, I surely learned from it. My experience with goats in limited.
smile.png

Last edited:
Cydney , it was fine to post it . I also said I knew nothing about the goats mentioned. I understood you were passing info along and that is great .

I was trying to educate people on what to look for in a good goat . For all I know the ones mentioned may have been tested , but I was not talked about them directly . I just hope to save someone time and heartache in buying an animal who may not be what they think.

Patty

All were used in a
study at a school to determine which milk replacer was best. No drug
testing etc
smile.png
They are all current on vaccinations and wormings. If anyone can give one or more of these babies a good. They are from BeekmanBoy Farm in Sharon Springs. This information was just given...Hope this helps. We are using them until the 2nd week in may. We can hold them until the end
of May, if needed. We did a study raising them on different milk replacers
to see which one was more beneficial. These does all come from excellent
bloodlines and are from the BeekmanBoy Farm in Sharon Springs (they have a
reality tv show on planet green) They will be able to be bred this year, and
they are sure to have excellent babies, and milk. If we do not find homes
for them, they will be sent to auction, which will make me and my group
member pretty sad as we have learned to love them as pets. If you would like
more information feel free to ask as many questions as you'd like. I have
pictures too!
This was taken from the email I received. I didn't know how much I much a should say. But to my lack of knowledge they sound ok...LOL! I am a sucker for sure!

Last edited:
I can send you the email I received. I think the Saanen ones are the does and the Nubians are bucks. I wish we could have one. I think these are a larger goat....and the Saanen ones are good for kids....again I could very well be wrong. Hope you can get one!

Quote:
Welcome back! Are the BBS eggs Orps?

I think it's too late for the tinfoil hat!
lol.png
Heck... I got addicted to them just from pics online!
th.gif

TSC is getting chicks next week & we're getting a few meatbirds. I want to try a taste test using them versus heritage breeds. Dorkings, Delawares and maybe Plymouth Rocks. I don't think Orp has enough breast compared to the size of the frame, but we can try one of them too. Let me know if you think you'll have some spare roosters in a month or two. My plan is to brine or age in the fridge after processing then cook them all the same way. Either grilling or maybe the turkey fryer - definitely brine if I'm frying. Then have a bunch of chicken people over to decide what's the best!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom