Ongoing Quilt Projects, Continued from the "No Appreciation...." Thread

No, it's not near me. I got your PM and answered, but had to turn off my ad blockers. Never had to do that!
That quilt made me pull out what was left of my hair, lemme tell ya. It was mostly machine issues on two different machines.

Your quilting is gorgeous!
Maybe someday I can do something like that.
We are looking at buying a quilting machine now, so we can pay it off before we both retire. Those suckers are expensive!

DH just bought a new pick-up truck for hauling our camper. He is calling it his retirement truck, when it is paid off - he can retire.
He feels guilty for spending so much on a truck, so he wants me to get the quilting machine for my retirement hobby.

Thanks for the compliment. It looks fine from a distance, but you can tell where I became frustrated and had machine issues, but she is DONE! I would love to have the new Grace Company Little Rebel, but it's about $2600 now and not on the second hand market yet.

Last edited:
Thanks for the compliment. It looks fine from a distance, but you can tell where I became frustrated and had machine issues, but she is DONE! I would love to have the new Grace Company Little Rebel, but it's about $2600 now and not on the second hand market yet.
My dad once had wallpaper put in our house when I was younger. He asked the installer if he made any mistakes. The installer said definitely. My father asked to see them and the installer said "you're gonna have to find them". My father never did find them.

Point being, you know your mistakes. No one else does. It looks absolutely lovely so don't doubt yourself.:thumbsup

Thanks so much @Ninjasquirrel. I call myself a recovering perfectionist, as you can imagine.
I have some good news, though...I bought a machine for the best price ever. I had my eye on the Janome Horizon Memory Craft 8200QCP, pretty much the same as the older 7700 I had, but with an improved feed system and lacking the big jog dial in front that I never loved. I guess good things come to those who wait, eh? It was just shipped so will update when it arrives. I missed that 11" throat space on my 7700, shouldn't have sold it.
8200.jpg

Thanks so much @Ninjasquirrel. I call myself a recovering perfectionist, as you can imagine.
I have some good news, though...I bought a machine for the best price ever. I had my eye on the Janome Horizon Memory Craft 8200QCP, pretty much the same as the older 7700 I had, but with an improved feed system and lacking the big jog dial in front that I never loved. I guess good things come to those who wait, eh? It was just shipped so will update when it arrives. I missed that 11" throat space on my 7700, shouldn't have sold it.
8200.jpg

I have some good news, though...I bought a machine for the best price ever. I had my eye on the Janome Horizon Memory Craft 8200QCP, pretty much the same as the older 7700 I had, but with an improved feed system and lacking the big jog dial in front that I never loved. I guess good things come to those who wait, eh? It was just shipped so will update when it arrives. I missed that 11" throat space on my 7700, shouldn't have sold it. View attachment 3798797
Oo looks fancy. I've always wanted a quilting machine. Instead I'm stuck stuffing and fluffing in my poor sewing machine.

It's actually too much machine for what I do, but this is one of the more affordable offerings for quilting, I think. I sold my other because I could not find anyone to service it and being computerized, it was only a matter of time before it needed it. Now, I have two repair guys who do Janome and are reasonably priced so I feel okay getting this one (which is very much the same machine as the 7700, great reputation, but no annoying jog dial).
I still can't sell my Juki HZL G220, which is an okay machine. Could be few folks have any $$ to buy it, bargain though it is.
My dream machine is completely out of my reach, the Little Rebel by Grace Company. Maybe one day if I continue the craft, who knows? I am leery of spending that much on a sewing machine even if I have the cash, priorities and such.

It's actually too much machine for what I do, but this is one of the more affordable offerings for quilting, I think. I sold my other because I could not find anyone to service it and being computerized, it was only a matter of time before it needed it. Now, I have two repair guys who do Janome and are reasonably priced so I feel okay getting this one (which is very much the same machine as the 7700, great reputation, but no annoying jog dial).
I still can't sell my Juki HZL G220, which is an okay machine. Could be few folks have any $$ to buy it, bargain though it is.
My dream machine is completely out of my reach, the Little Rebel by Grace Company. Maybe one day if I continue the craft, who knows? I am leery of spending that much on a sewing machine even if I have the cash, priorities and such.
Wow that is expensive. What is a quilting robot? I saw that as an add on

Back
Top Bottom