Options for "Upgrading" a Wafer Thermostat System in an Older Cabinet Incubator?

RememberTheWay

Songster
Apr 7, 2022
So- I'm completely incubator tech illiterate. I am picking up a new old cabinet incubator this week and know that at the very least the two Wafer style Thermostats in it must be replaced.

But when I was researching replacement parts and how to do it, it got me thinking-

"Can I actually"upgrade" the thermostat system altogether instead of just replacing the wafers with new wafers?"

If so, what are my options for Upgrading and can anyone provide links to components or companies they've actually used for doing the same thing in a GQF that they know works and is reliable long term?

Is the Wafer technology better and I should just replace with new wafers? Or will I have a better more reliable machine if I change the thermostat component? Are there things about operating a Wafer thermostat that I need to know if I just replace it?

Lastly- if you've done an upgrade on your own cabinet incubator I would love to hear all about your experience, the product you choose, and what your review is now that you've used it for a bit!

Thanks in advance! All advice and input is much appreciated. Picture just for fun 😊

Attachments

• IMG_20241003_210301310.jpg
    IMG_20241003_210301310.jpg
    293 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom