Please help (serious) My duck is stumbling around a lot and she seems really tired, how can I help her??

Drowsy_808

Chirping
Aug 29, 2022
She’s been shaking her head with her mouth open for the past couple of days. We were going to bring her to the vet soon, but today, she started stumbling around. She’s really weak right now and we have no idea why. It seemed like simple leg cramps at first, but she seems VERY tired and weak. She ate and drank a good amount, so it can’t be from hunger. She’s breathing with her mouth open and her wings are droopy too. Please help!

She’s a Pekin duck, one years old on Manna Pro Pellets with 35% niacin in her whole bag feed.

Give her some water with electrolytes and sugar. This can help restore her normal glucose levels and any chemical imbalance. It often cures these symptoms. It's harmless to try it.

Give her some water with electrolytes and sugar. This can help restore her normal glucose levels and any chemical imbalance. It often cures these symptoms. It's harmless to try it.
From what I know, ducks can’t have sugar. Is it safe for her to have some? If so, how much is safe?

Back
Top Bottom