Quilt Block Swap! All blocks have been mailed!

Do you have enough people lined up to pay you $450 for a quilt? Can you produce a quilt in a week? If you answer 'yes' I am moving next to you! If you answered 'no' better to keep your day job.

If only we could find a way to tap the market for our own personal talents and be self supporting.

Quote:
AWWW your no fun.
gig.gif

My mother-in-law use to do quilting and sold hers for 450 and up, that was years ago. It's hard work. She would make 5 or 6 a year and all were handquilted. Sold them as far away as MA and FL. That was her egg money, to do Christmas or buy a new applicance for the kitchen. I have one of the last ones she ever made, Chinese Lantern.

Quote:
I sure would like to see a pic of that quilt if ya have one.

Just a FYI note they charge $395 to quilt a queen size quilt. That means that you send them your back and top ready to quilt and then you pay for the batting and shipping as well as the $395 for them to quilt the top. When done they ship it all back to you. Quilts and wall hangings sell any where from $300 up to $10,000, that was no mistake on the price either. But I really thing that the depression we are in will see a big decrease in what most would term as frivolous (don't ya love that word) items. People who make a living doing items like this are going to have to go back to the basic needs items and sell those. It is time to cut back and save.

Back to quilts I picked out the 3 colors I am going to border my blocks in I will be making a bigger quilt with mine. I will try to get a pic of them later and post it. I have to say I take my blocks out at least 4 or 5 times a day and just look at them LOL. You gals will understand with out putting me in a loony bin LOL. You all did such great work and I thank you for letting me be in on this exchange. Looking forward to the next one.

It is beautiful, Sandy. My MIL has pieces of my husband's great grandmother's quilt - it is so old it is falling apart. We plan to takes pieces and frame them for the children as family heirlooms.

Thanks Angie, my kids all have a quilt from MIL. I have a homespun wool coverlet from DHs great grandmother from her own sheep.

Sandy thank you so much for posting the pic. I have never heard of the chinese lantern pattern. How beautiful is that quilt. What a treasure to have quilts passed down from one generation to the next.

Again thanks for sharing your quilt with me.

Quote:
I sure would like to see a pic of that quilt if ya have one.

Just a FYI note they charge $395 to quilt a queen size quilt. That means that you send them your back and top ready to quilt and then you pay for the batting and shipping as well as the $395 for them to quilt the top. When done they ship it all back to you. Quilts and wall hangings sell any where from $300 up to $10,000, that was no mistake on the price either. But I really thing that the depression we are in will see a big decrease in what most would term as frivolous (don't ya love that word) items. People who make a living doing items like this are going to have to go back to the basic needs items and sell those. It is time to cut back and save.

$395??? do they quilt it by hand???
we have long arm quilters in our area that charge as little as $60 for a queen size...of couse the fancier the quilting the more it costs...no mailing either... one of the ladies evens picks up your quilt and delivers it!!

Back
Top Bottom